Archive for August, 2011
That’s right folks, no podcast today. We’re going to do one over Raya instead so we can watch more stuff to review.
In the mean time here’s a nice cup of Ron to tide you over
Seriously, hot sammiches is the cause of 90% of accidents in the home, can scar you for life AND leads to frivolous lawsuits, as we find out in this weeks cast which, has a lot of news and revews to cover seeing as we have been away for a while.
To make up for our break, this week we review “Never Let Me Go”, Mel Gibson’s planned comeback movie “The Beaver”, Brandon Routh starring “Dylan Dog:Dead of Night”; GI JOE and Billy Elliot go behind enemy lines in “The Eagle”, and Jon Favreau’s Sci-fi western “Cowboys and Aliens”.
We also dip a little into nostalgia with a quick summary of the new “Thundercats” TV show, talk about the the latest casting rumour for “Hong Kong Phooey”, discuss the latest updates on the new “Avengers” and “Dark Knight” movies, plus discuss which makes the better Judge Dredd, the replica costume or the one it looks like they are using for the movie.
As usual, I’ve collected all the interesting links to trailers and pics below, take a look.
- The Pleasant Sounds Company presents Public Service Announcement: Beware of Women Called Philip (this has NOTHING to do with me, EVERYTHING to do with Gavin.. and what’s wrong with him )
- First Trailer for “Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance” (don’t call it “Ghost Rider 2″!)
- Trailer for Roman Polanksi’s “Carnage” (starring Jodie Foster, John C Reilly, Christoph Waltz & Kate Winslet)
- Trailer for “The Woman in Black” starring Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe)
- Puncture Trailer starring Chris Evans.
- JASON STATHAM HATES CHAIRS in the latest Trailer for “Killer Elite”
- Latest trailer for the will it be shite or not “The Immortals“
- Old now, but here’s the first official pic of Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises
- Gerard Butler shouts in the trailer for Machine Gun Preacher
And finally, here’s the podcast, enjoy
“Are you the farmer!?”
But seriously we seem to have taken an unplanned break in podcasting as we kind of reviewed all the latest releases that were available in the last podcast and then I kind of went on holiday for a bit leaving Gavin high and dry (he can’t get down off the wardrobe when i move his stepladder)
Don’t worry though, I’m back now and all better (mostly) and we should have some reviews and news coming your way any. day. now.
Honestly we have top men working on it now. Who? Top. Men.
Yes, yes we’re a little late this week, apologies if we messed up your schedule, hopefully this week’s review heavy, comic-con rounding up show will make it up to you.
In the cast this week Gav and I review “Captain America”,”Rise of the Planet of the Apes”, modern horror “Insidious”, 80′s nostalgia-fest “Take me Home Tonight”, “Hanna” with Saoirse Ronan, Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett and finally (in all senses of the word) “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2″.
As well as all this, we roundup everything that’s worth checking out from San Diego Comic Con this year, most of which you can check out yourselves below
- NEW Clips from Beavis and Butt-head’s return! CORNHOLIO!
- First Trailer for “The Amazing Spider-man”
- Andrew Garfields cute speech at “The Amazing Spider-man” panel at San Diego Comic-Con
- What the F**K is going on in the “Battleship” trailer?
- A tale of Two Harrisons: Slow talking “Stoned” Harrison Ford on Letterman and smooth Han Harrison Ford on Jimmy Kimmel
- “Sushi Girl” Trailer with an almost unrecognizable Mark Hamill!
- Very Cool Teaser for “Drive” plus the full Red Band Trailer.
- Latest Videoblogisode from “The Hobbit” Squeee!!!!
- Trailer for intriguing thriller “In Time” Starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried
- New Stills of Karl Urban’s get up in Judge Dredd
- For “Fringe” Fans: Pater Bishop Audition Video’s from Comic-Con 2011
- “Pacey-Con” footage from Comic-Con 2010
And finally, I’ll leave you with a lucky snapshot of Justin Timberlake looking dumber than a bag of hammers in the trailer for “In Time”: