Archive for November, 2011
This week we are back on schedule and back to somewhat decent sound quality (I think, fingers crossed) with another great show featuring the usual news, including the casting of the new Q in the ext Bond movie “Skyfall” (that’s him over there) and reviews of “Larry Crowne”, directed by Tom Hanks and starring Julia Roberts amongst others; Ryan Gosling’s “Drive”; “The Trip” starring Steve Coogan (Alan Partridge and Phileas Fogg from the “Around the World in 80 Days” movie with Jackie Chan) and Rob Brydon (Uncle Bryn from Gavin and Stacey) as themselves as they argue and try out restaurants.
You’ll also finally get to hear Gavin’s thoughts on Tin Tin .
Here’s the show notes:
- Link to the pictures of John Logan, screenwriter of the next Bond movie “Skyfall” that Gavin found… interesting.
- Video of the production of “Aliens…on ice!” by The Old Murder House Austin.
- Simon Pegg’s “Mission Impossible: Ghost protocol” featurette (we love ‘im we do).
- Pics of Mila Kunis at the Marine Ball which she was invited to by a Marine Sergeant over YouTube!
- “The Oatmeal” on how “Twilight” works.
- Cool set pics from Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus”, the “prequel-or-is-it to Alien.
Finally, here’s Amy Smart’s..um acting ability in full force as referred to by Gavin in the podcast, enjoy!
Consider yourself warned.
Due to either the electromagnetic properties of Gavin’s farts, the fact that David Knight’s musical genius disrupts all known recording media, or because I screwed up the “refurbishment” of our “recording” “studio“(aka messed up the reinstallation of my laptop) this weeks’ podcast goodness is plagued by clicks and echo’s which I’m afraid no end of post processing and audio magick has been able to fix.
I’m putting it up as we had such a good time making it and we managed to get a guest star to join in, but the quality is, like, the worst. Consider this McYapandFries lost tape volume 1 (although that should really be the London-KL skype cast with 5 minutes delay between each end, but that’s really unlistenable).
Anyway if you can bear the rubbish sound quality this week’s cast features reviews of comedy Drama “Crazy, Stupid Love”, starring Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore and Emma Stone; banking crisis drama “Margin Call” with a stellar cast featuring Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons and Zachary Quitno amongst others; body switch gross out comedy “The Change up“ starring Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman, and finally “Melancholia”, the latest from Danish nut job Lars von Trier.
As usual here’s all the trailers that we discuss in the show, the next show should be back to full audio quality once more (if not quality of content). Enjoy!
- Trailer for Maggie Thatcher drama “The Iron Lady”
- In the first of the competing Snow White trailers we have Kristen Stewart,Chris Hemsworth & Charlize Theron (as the Evil Queen) in “Snow white and the Huntsman”
- Followed by an altogether differnet take with Julia Roberts hamming it up in “Mirror, Mirror”.
- Trailer for Madonna’s directorial debut W.E.
- (The “sizzle reel” for Liam Neeson’s “The Grey” has been taken down)
Yes, that subtle dig at Gavin in the title means that once again Geoff has stepped in to provide his thoughts on the latest movie news and reviews, and this time we’re taking it outside! Yes it’s our first McYapandFries outside broadcast at Overtime at the Pavilion shopping Centre in KL (Gavin’s house doesn’t really count as “outside”)
This week, over a pint or two naturally, we review “Tower Heist”,”The Adventures of TinTin”, “Real Steel” and “Immortals”. As bonus the show also guest stars the waiting staff from Overtime!
As usual here’s some links to some of the stuff that we discussed on the show, let us know what you thinkof us “doing it” outside!
- Red band Trailer for hockey comedy “The Goon” starring Sean William Scott
- First trailer for “Safe”, Jason Statham’s latest
- Super powered assholes movie Chronicle
- we’ve seen Liam Neeson beat up paris in “Taken”, now it’s alaska’s turn in the trailer for “The Grey”
- Kate Beckinsale slips back into her leathers in the trailer for “Underworld:Awakening”