Archive for June, 2012
After our little break we’re back with a review of Pixar’s Brave, a quick chat about Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Gavin shares his thoughts on John Carter now that he’s finally gotten around to seeing it. Oh and he shares his feeling on Mirror, Mirror but that doesn’t take very long at all.
The break also gave us some time to build up a backlog of news and trailers to discuss including trailers for Dredd, starring Karl Urban as the old Stone Face himself; Monsters University, the prequel to Monsters Inc,; “Liam Neeson Beats up Istanbul” (aka Taken 2) the sequel to “Liam Neeson beats up France” (aka Taken) and we have a heap of quite frankly bizarre emails to go through this week featuring Terry Crews and Australians!!
Thanks to @rue_ay_ee on twitter for the pic of Logan Marshall Green and Tom Hardy, or is it Tom Hardy and Logan Marshall Green?
Helpful Show Notes of the Visual Kind:
- Dredd trailer
- Taken 2 trailer
- FIFTY MINUTES of deleted scenes from David Lynch’s Blue Velvet
- Trailer for the animated version of Black Dynamite
- Creepy/funny Red Band Trailer (and poster) for V/H/S
- Google map link to the building used as Flynn’s Arcade in Culver City Los Angeles
- Gavin’s Toy! Of! The! Week! (Cowboy Bebop)
- Bonus Toy of the week (Black Widow)
- Gilbert Gottfried reads popular erotica 50 Shades of Gray
- Those goddamned Siri ads (Just in case you haven’t seen them)
With our abiding love of Sir Ridley Scott’s work, the fantastic Alien universe he created, the sinister machinations of the Weylan (later -Yutani) company as well as our feelings on the actual film, we couldn’t just leave it at a spoiler free review of Prometheus in the main show, and so McYapandFries present our Prometheus Spoiler-cast where we hold nothing back in discussing the films plot points, ending, sucesses (and failures) and where the franchise could possibly go from here.
CONTAINS SPOILERS! Seriously it’s in the headline and everything, don’t listen if you haven’t seen Prometheus!!
After all the anticipation, we finally get to see the product of visionary director Ridley Scott’s return to Sci-fi on this week’s podcast, as Gavin and I review Prometheus. No need to worry about spoilers, as usual we steer well clear of those, however we will be discussing the plot in obsessive detail in a separate, spoiler-infected, Promethe-cast which should be available soon.
Also this in this week’s show I also review Malaysian movie Nasi Lemak 2.0, we talk about new trailers for the latest from Quentin Tarantino, Denzel Washington and um…Disney Animation along with a few cool posters, and the usual distractions such as Gavin’s feelings on Jake GyllenHATE.
- Trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s latest, Django Unchained
- Bill Murray’s cool Video Autograph
- Trailer for Flight starring Denzel Wasahington and directed by Robert Zemekis
- Trailer for End of Watch (Training Day 3) strarring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña
- Cool Dark Knight Rises poster featuring catwoman, (or at least some of her)
- First cool poster for Dredd
- First pic of Idris Elba in Pacific Rim
- The trailer for Gavin’s dream team up of Jennifer Lawrence and Elisabeth Shue, The House at the End of the Street
- Herer’s a link to the demeted Italian Sci-Fi movie, sent in by listener “Martian on Crack”
Things! Of the week!
- Gavin’s Toy(s) of the week (for Transformers fans)
- Iain’s Toy of the week! (for Game of thrones Fans)
- Iain’s Tee of the week
- Listener Tee of the week (although we have no idea where you can buy this, or even if you should!)
- Deal of the Week (for Battlestar Galactica fans)
And finally, just to prove Gavin wrong here’s the link to my 2009 review of Wristcuters:A Love Story
It’s not often that we’re wrong here at McYapandFries, and it’s even less often that we apologise for anything, but we are idiots on a regular basis, which is a roundabout way of saying that on last week’s cast we totally forgot to review the Malaysian Games and Comics Convention, which a certain Mr Gavin Yap presided over as head minion, a week prior.
This week’s show kicks off with our attempt at rectifying this grievous error, before we then proceed to make a whole bunch of new ones reviewing Snow White and the Hunstman; starring Kirsten Stewart, Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth, reviewing super-powered “found footage” flick Chronicle, and while discussing the merits of a possible Pauly Shore comeback, Spaced (AGAIN!), Cannes, and venerable old 2000AD.
We hope you like the show
As usual here’s the show notes those of you reading along at home:
- Malaysian Games and Comics Convention
- The Red Carpet for Maniac at Cannes (the French guy’s freakout starts about 6 minutes in)
- Gavin’s Toy of the week
- Bonus Toy of the week (Again!)
- Iain’s Tee of the week
- Trailer for “The Miserables”
- Iron man set pics (CAUTION SPOILERS!)