The Incredibly Strange Tale Of The Man Who Lost His Love But Bought It Back With A Packet Of Duck Rice Update
For those of your patiently awaiting Gavin’s Short Film “The Incredibly Strange Tale Of The Man Who Lost His Love But Bought It Back With A Packet Of Duck Rice”, it has been invited for competition at the Jogja-NETPAC Asian Film Festival in Indonesia, which unfortunately means that its release on YouTube has now to be pushed back from it’s original release date of 13th November.
Gavin and Doghouse 73 Pictures will now release the short film after the festival, which runs from the 1st to 6th of December.
Stay Tuned for more updates as we have them!
On this week’s show we take a look at James Bond’s latest cinematic outing in Spectre, Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds becoming one in Self/Less, and Vin Diesel’s one man war on the supernatural in The Last Witch Hunter.
Gavin also takes a look at recent comics Bizarro and Journey to the Force Awakens:Shattered Empire, you get a new “Duck Rice” update and some tales from the set of the upcoming Buku Fixi short film Breaking Point from Doghouse 73 Pictures.
As usual the podcast this week is proudly sponsored by Greenroom136.com, check out their new OttoBook Travel, a travel companion for all your travel needs in one convenient wallet that can be tethered to your bag or waist with a carabinier. Buy it at http://greenroom136.com/shop or retail at pop by jaya one and istore at Publika.
- First Trailer for AMC’s new Preacher TV Series
- How Deadpool spent Halloween
- First proper trailer for Netflix’s next Marvel TV show Jessica Jones
- Trailer for grungy looking action-horror He Never Died starring Henry Rollins
- The trailer for the Warcraft movie is out until Friday but here’s the teaser
- Trailer for Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq
- Hamilton watch as featured in The Martian
- Cool retro Christmas sweaters from Mondo Store
- Cool Stan Lee action figure!
- Cool posters (and screening details) for on eof Edgar Wright’s first films, A Fist Full of Fingers
Gavin’s book How I made My First Movie, or a Decade of Favours is currently at number 10 on MPH book stores top 10 local non-fiction bests sellers list!
You can pick up the book for your self at MPH bookstores or by ordering on-line by clicking here
Gavin’s first movie, Take Me To Dinner, the making of which is chronicled in How I made My First Movie is also now available to buy or rent over at Vimeo
See if oyu can spot Iain (easy mode) or Gavin (hard mode) in the movie itself!
If you do watch it let us know what you think by sending us a message on our Facebook Page , our Twitter @McYapandFries or by mailing us using the “Contact Us” form on the site or emailing us directly at [email protected]
On this week’s show we review a very curious set of movies as Gavin investigates The Snowtown Murders and Bridge of Spies while Iain tries out The Intern, and reviews the final series of Continuum and talks a little about his experience with the Star Wars Battlefront Beta
As usual we also run down all the latest news and read through our longest email/comment EVER, but please note that we recorded this podcast BEFORE the new trailer for Star Wars was released so we don’t talk about that (I thought it was awesome by the way).
Gavin’s first book “How I Made My First Movie (Or, A Decade of Favours)” is also now available to buy on-line at MPH book stores by clicking here!
You can find the links for any trailers or cool stuff we talk about in the show notes below:
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster
- Friday the 13th videogame kickstarter (buyer beware , as with all kickstarter projects there’s no guarantee it will ever be delivered)
- Neil BlomKamp shows off the new Pulse Rifles for his new Alien film on his Instagram account
- Trailer for heavy metal Black and white “silent movie” Gutterdämmerung
- Great trailer for the new Coen Brothers film Hail Caesar
- Smart trailer for Kill Your Friends starring Nicholas Hoult
- Latest odd trailer for the equally odd seeming The Good Dinosaur
- Final trailer for the latest James Bond film Spectre
- Trailer for A Very Murray Christmas, starring, who else, Bill Murray
- Trailer for animated videogame adaptation Ratchet and Clank
- Spectre director Sam Mendes interviews a swathe of A-list directors from Steven Spielberg to Edgar Wrigh, as part of his guest editorship of Empire Magazine
- Pepsi releases limited edition Pepsi Perfect bottle from Back to the Future II to coincide with 21st October 2015
- More Back to the Future II goofiness with Universal’s Jaws 19 trailer
- Cool Aliens themed plastic toy soldiers
- Replica Pulse Rifles soon to go on sale from Aliens
- Free downloadable comic prequel to the upcoming Jessica Jones Netflix show over at Comixology
- Tom Whalens’s Guardians of the Galaxy poster over at Grey Matter Art Gallery
- Matt Ferguson’s Captain America: The First Avenger poster over at Grey Matter Art Gallery
- Matt Ferguson’s glow in the dark Iron Man poster over at Grey Matter Art Gallery
- Cool video of a guy who built a magnetic Thor’s hammer with thumb print scanner that only he was “worthy” of picking up
Gavin’s back from his Australian adventure so we jump straight back into it, with a show full of news and reviews. This week’s show we review Straight Outta Compton, Wet Hot American Summer the 2001 movie and the more recent Netflix series, Everest and The Martian. We also announce the winner s of our greenroom136 competition! We’ll be in touch with the winners soon to figure out how to get their prizes to them! Stay tuned for our next competition coming soon! Gavin’s book also went on sale recently. You can buy “How I Made My First Movie, or a Decade of Favours” in bookstores around Malaysia or online at mphonline!
- New teaser trailers for Netflix’s & Marvel’s Jessica Jones:
- 2nd Avengers: Age Of Ultron gag reel
- X-Files abridged Vine series
- First big trailer for the new season of The X-files
- First trailer for the Angry Birds movie
- First trailer for banking crisis drama/comedy (?) The Big Short
- The Peanuts Movie gets a proper trailer
- Heist movie… um… Heist gets a trailer
- Playlist of all the Alamo Drafthouse’s #DontTalk Ads
- Very cool statue/toy of Captain Phasma from Stars Wars: The Force Awakens
- Here’s that Judge Dredd Action Figure With Bike we mention on the podcast
- Wearable Iron Man Mark 43 (XLIII) Suit!
- Tyler Stout’s very cool Avengers: Age Of Ultron posters over at Hero Complex Gallery
As Gavin is out of the country this week Iain is joined by two of the Geeks in Malaysia; Amelia Chen and Bahir Yeusuff who share their experience of Singapore’s Toys Games and Comics Convention 2015, and we review The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit, Cameron Crowe’s Aloha, and briefly get our guests opinions on previously reviewed Inside Out and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
As Gavin is away (and it’s his question) we will announce the winners of our greenroom136 Man of Steel Pocket book slim wallets on next week’s show!
For any of you who had issues with the volume of the last few podcasts, my apologies. I think this week’s show should be back to full volume.
Here’s the links to all the stuff we discuss on the show :
- Ron Perlman’s Facbook post about Hellboy and Sons
- First look at Michael Fassbender in Assassin’s Creed
- Superhero stuff!
- Trailer for All Things Must Pass a documentary about the rise and fall of Tower Records
- Trailer for MTV’s TV adaptation of Shannara Chronicles
- Trailer for heavy metal horror movie Deathgasm
- Trailer for Jon Favreau’s live action Jungle Book
- The latest impressive trailer for Ron Howard’s Moby Dick film, In the Heart of the Sea
- Another pointless trailer for the Point Break remake
- A second excellent trailer for Rocky spin-off Creed
- Another trailer for the fun looking The Last Witchhunter starring Vin Diesel
- Latest trailer for the Aaaron Sorkin scripted Danny Boyle directed Steve Jobs film
- Stars Wars opening crawl on the cash register’s at Target in the US ahead of “Force Friday”
- Soon you’ll be able to purchase your own Tobin’s Spirit Guide as seen in Ghostbusters!
- Floating Back to the Future DeLorean’s and hoverboards!
This week on the show we get interrupted by car alarms (thankfully, only very briefly) and Iain reviews 60′s spy reboot The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Pixar’s latest: Inside Out, videogame adaptation Hitman: Agent 47 and vampire mockumentary What we do in the Shadows while Gavin looks on.
Also, thanks to friend of the show We Jun both Iain and Gavin preview Salvaj, a short indie film made right here in Malaysia that will be shown this coming Monday, 31st August at 7pm on Sundance TV (Astro HD Channel 438).
SPOILERS: you should totally check it out and support local film-making!
Click on the image below for more information on the film
This is also your last chance to enter our competition to win one of these sweet Man of Steel Pocket book slim wallets from our sponsor Greenroom136. Listen to the podcast and Gavin’s question in the show and send the answer to [email protected]
You won’t find these babies in the store at http://greenroom136.com/ but you will find all sorts of high quality hand made urban urban carry gear from back backs to pouches to wallets. Check them out and let us know what you think at [email protected]
As usual here’s links to all the cool shit we talked about on the show:
- Interview with awesome poster artist Drew Struzan including pics of his poster for The Force Awakens
- The first four-minute episode of the new animated CW Seed series Vixen, which is set in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash
- Indiegogo campaign to build Minas Tirith from The Lord Of The Rings
- Indiegogo campaign to destroy Minas Tirith from The Lord Of The Rings
- First trailer for Tarantino’s Hateful 8
- First trailer for the Dad’s Army remake
- Trailer for Scouts guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
- Trailer for Lumberjack Man
- Trailer for The Final girls
- Trailer for Bryan Cranston’s latest film Trumbo
- First trailer for Steven Spielberg’s next film Bridge of Spies starring Tom Hanks
- First trailer for Victor Frankenstein starring James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe
- UK trailer for Victor Frankenstein showing some different footage
- Another awful looking trailer for Jem and the Holograms
- Trailer for one of Robin William’s final film roles, Boulevard
- Trailer for Life a film about about James Dean starring Dane DeHaan and Robert Pattinson
- Back to the Future monopoly!!?
- Bob’s Burgers Cookbook coming soon!
- Very cool Vinyl Sugar Batman 1966 statues
- Vinyl Sugar’s series of Seinfeld Figures
On this week’s McYapandFries movie review podcast we bid farewell to “Rowdy” Roddy Piper review Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Iain provides one of the very rare slightly positive reviews of Fantastic Four. Don’t forget, all this August we are giving away two, yes TWO Pocketbook Slim Wallets exclusively made for the show by our sponsors Greenroom136, makers of fine urban carry gear available at http://greenroom136.com. To be in with a chance to win one of these highly coveted items, listen to the podcast and answer the question asked in the email section and email us at [email protected]! Here’s links to anything we discussed on the show:
- The Deadpool teaser trailer for the trailer
- Deadpool Green Band trailer
- Deadpoool Red Band Trailer
- Deadpool director Tim Miller’s trailer breakdown over at Empire magazine
- The latest Hitman: Agent 47 trailer
- Trailer for The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel
- Trailer for interesting looking horror Bound to Vengeance
- Weird ass retro trailer for Queen of Earth staring Elizabeth Moss
- Awful looking Norm of the North Trailer
- Trailer for By the Sea starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- Home alone toys of Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) Harry (Joe Pesci) and Marv (Daniel Stern)!
- Very cool photos from a Jurassic Park themed going away party
- Great AV club article on how Mark Hamill has been defacing Star Wars trading cards for years
- Werner Herzog’s Ant-Man
- Rick and Morty’s Rickstaverse over on instagram
Welcome to a new era in McYapandFries history as we are proud to announce that McYapandFries movie podcast is now officially sponsored by Greenroom136.com.
On this week’s show we run through our favourite news from San Diego Comic-Con, discuss Chris Pine’s “bahstahn accaent”, and review Marvel’s Ant-Man and Ted 2.
Greenroom136 have also generously given us some fantastic prizes to give away: these TWO brand new Pocketbook Slims.
These are thin, simple Pocketbooks for people looking for a minimalist approach to carrying their finance, are exclusively made only for this contest and feature an officially licensed printed fabric of the Man of steel. Check them out in the video below.
You’ll need to listen to the podcast to hear the question but you have until the end of August to email the answers to us at [email protected]!
As usual here’s links to anything we discussed on the show:
- That Star Wars behind the scenes trailer from San Diego Comic-Con 2015
- You can also see the whole Star Wars Comic-Con panel here
- Here’s a taste of the free Star Wars concert at Comic -con
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Comic-Con Trailer
- Steven Amell’s appearance in character as Green Arrow at Comic-Con
- Bryan Cranston’s epic mike drop
- Trailer for Ash vs Evil Dead
- Suicide Squad Comic-Con trailer
- Look at the state of Apocalypse in these stills from X-men Apocalypse
- Chris Pine’s Massachusetts accent stars in the trailer for The Finest Hours
- Fred Arminsen is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as Ben Affleck in this SNL clip from 2013
- Cool looking first trailer for The Revenant by director Alejandro G. Iñárritu (Birdman) starring Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Hardy
- Latest trailer for latest James Bond flick SPECTRE
- First trailer for Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur
- Back to the Future: The Complete Collection
- Shota Kotake’s insanely cool Father Ted a day project
- Kevin Tong’s tragic sunshine poster store
- Vin Diesel’s Dungeons & Dragons themed birthday cake
On this week’s show Gavin and Iain review Terminator Genisys, Minions and the Joe Carnahan directed Stretch and share some of our listeners and our own favourite 90′s movies that seem all but forgotten!
Lots of listeners got in touch via email ([email protected]), Faceook (https://www.facebook.com/McYapAndFries) and twitter (https://twitter.com/McYapandFries) to let us know their favourite 90′s flicks that time has forgotten and you can still do the same if we left out any of your favourites, just drop us a line!
Thanks to everyone who wrote in!
Here’s links to anything we discussed on the show:
- First pic of Bruce Campbell as Ash in Starz new TV series Ash Vs Evil Dead
- Those production stills from Batman v Superman
- First publicity photos from the Independence Day sequrel Independence: Resurgence
- Check out the recreation of Jerry’s apartment from Seinfeld in New York
- If you want to save Tron 3, here’s the website and petition for you!
- Trailer for tennis mockumentary 7 Days in Hell starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington
- Trailer for Rock the Kasbah starring Bill Murray
- Trailer for office vampire flick Blood Sucking Bastards
- Trailer for the Rocky spin-off Creed
- First trailer for Steve Jobs directed by Danny Boyle, written by Aaron Sorkin and starring Michael Fassbender as Steve Jobs
- The latest prank by Arnie for Charity
- Kung Fu Panda 3 teaser trailer
- Rumoured first pictures of the new Lego Wall-E
- Very cool tiny Star Wars Remote Control helicopters!
- Gameplay trailer for the amazing looking Transformers: Devastation videogame that replicates the look of the G1 cartoon
- Cool carton of six Weyland-Yutani branded toy Alien Xenomorph eggs
- Awesome looking Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History book
- Attack on Titian hotdogs? What the hell?