We are working on recording a podcast using THE POWER OF THE INTERNET and hope to have something for you soon. In the mean time, here’s some details on the new play:
The play runs from 22 May – 7 June 2015 at the Drama Centre Theatre Singapore, with special performances incorporating Sign Language interpreters on stage on the following dates:
• Saturday 23 May, 8pm
• Wednesday 27 May, 8pm
• Saturday 30 May, 8pm
• Wednesday 3 June, 8pm
• Saturday 6 June, 8pm
Discounted rates are exclusively available for deaf and hard-of-hearing clients of The Singapore Association for the Deaf, are available by contacting Lizhen at [email protected] for more information.
Here’s the announcement trailer
..and here’s another trailer in Sign Language.
Sooooo, one of the reasons that we’ve not done a podcast recently is because Gavin is working his ass off on a number of projects, one of which is a production of “Speed The Plow“, a play by David Mamet.
The production is being staged at Pentas 2 at the KL Performing Arts Centre (KL PAC) from 9-15th April.
Drop by if you’re in the area and fancy a bit of culture or just want to see Gavin in the flesh (I should be lurking in the audience on at least one night)
Shows are on @ 8:30pm on the 9th-15th April, with a 3pm matinee on the 12th April.
There is no Show on the 13th April
For bookings call +603-40479000 or log on to klpac.org
Tickets are priced at :
Standard – RM68
Concession 1 – RM48 (TAS Card Member / Senior Citizen / Disabled)
Concession 2 – RM38 (Student)
*Concession 1 & 2 ONLY available for walk-in to klpac and penangpac box office with valid ID
All prices inclusive of RM3 ticket handling fee and 6% GST
You can find more information on the play here, and there’s a video promo below.
We should be able to get the next podcast to you soon!
On this week’s show we’re all at “C” with reviews of Coherence, Calvary, Kennth Branagh’s Cinderella & Neil Blomkamp’s latest Chappie!
We also take a look at all the latest trailers and some cool stuff, all the links to which are below for your clicking pleasure.
- First pics of TV’s new Supergirl in her costume
- Link to buy and watch Lessons Learned, the short puppet film by Toby Froud (the baby from Labyrinth)
- Leonard Nimoy’s final tweet
- Trailer for Self/Less starring Sir Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds
- Latest Trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- Trailer for No Escape starring Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan
- First trailer for Mr Holmes starring Ian McKellen
- Red Band Trailer for Get Hard with Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart
- Trailer for Hot Pursuit starring Sofia Vergara and Reese Witherspoon
- Mad Max international Trailer with funky Japanese kanji
- Pics of the DIY BMO from Adventure Time along with instructions on how to build your own one!
- Hero Complex Gallery’s latest poster collection “Quotes, Lines, & Lyrics”
- Vinyl Sugar’s Facebook page where you can find out about the statues and where to buy them
- Cuyler Smith’s cool poster store
Gong Xi Fa Cai or Happy Chinese New Year to all our listeners! Gavin and I we got a little carried away with festive cheer before recording this podcast so it does go all a bit wobbly near the end.
On the show we discuss Spidey joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. a host of ewn trailers and review Jupiter Ascending and Under the Skin
As usual here’s the links to any videos or images we discussed in the show:
- The Superior Firepower documentary on the making of Aliens
- Neill Blomkamp’s Instagram
- First set pics of Kirsten Ritter as Jessica Jones in the Netflix/Marvel TV show of the same name
- First trailer for Guy Ritchie’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E
- Trailer for Straight Outta Compton, the NWA biopic
- Second trailer for Kenneth Branagh’s Cinderella
- Trailer for Hitman:Agent 47, the latest attempt to transfer the Hitman videogame to the silver screen
- Trailer for the Poltergeist remake
- Trailer for Plastic starring Will Poulter and Alfie Allen amongst others
- Trailer for Lost River, Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut
- Trailer for Crimson Peak, the latest film from Guillermo Del Toro
- Trailer for Bread Bird’s Tomorrowland
- Trailer for intriguing romantic horror Spring
- Trailer for Channing Tatum’s return in Magic Mike XXL
On this week’s review-heavy podcast we discuss A Walk Amongst the Tombstones starring Liam Neeson, the much fêted Birdman with Michael Keaton, 1980′s crime drama A Most Violent Year with Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain, Michael Mann’s hacker thriller Blackhat and in a time travelling double bill,the Michael Bay produced, found footage time travel movie Project Almanac and Predestination starring Ethan Hawke!
As we recorded this before the Super Bowl we don’t cover the super Bowl trailers in this week’s show. Next time baby!
As usual here are the links to all the trailers and cool stuff we talked about on the show
- Trailer for the new Fantastic Four reboot
- Second trailer for Avengers Age of Ultron
- Second trailer for Chappie that shows off a darker side to the Neil Blomkamp film
- Trailer for The Voices starring Ryan Reynolds
- New trailer for Ted 2
- Trailer for Anarchy, starring Ed Harris, Ethan Hawke, Milla Jovovich, & John Leguizamo
- More wackiness From Takashi Miike in the first trailer for As the Gods Will
- Cool movie posters from Hero Complex as part of its Young Guns exhibition
- Awesome Terminator and other posters from Grey Matters
- Predator figure from Neca that looks just like the cover to the first Dark Horse Predator comic from 25 years ago
- Batman Returns Double Bill
- Jack Burton vest from Big Trouble in Little China(again?)
- Very Cool poster for Predestination from Mondo (sadly, not yet for sale)
We start 2015 with a flat out BAN on Back to the Future 2 jokes, some discussion of the first Ant-Man trailer, Neil Blomkjamp’s aborted Alien pitch, Michael Biehn, Ed Harris, the Ghost in the Shell casting and much more.
Also on this week’s show, Gavin reviews Malaysian film Terbaik Dari Langit while Iain reviews Seventh Son, The Raid 2 and Frank and we get as heap of Email/Twitter/Facebook correspondence!
- First Trailer for Marvel’s Ant-Man Starring Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd
- … here’s a fan re-edit of the Ant-Man trailer that inserts a little more OOOMPH at the end
- … just in case you missed it here’s Marvel’s “Ant-Sized” Ant-Man trailer that they released before the full one above
- …and finally here’s the funny first poster for Ant-Man
- Daredevil “Motion poster” revealing the Netflix show’s air date
- All the pictures Neil Blomkamp shared on his Instagram from his seemingly abandoned pitch for a new Alien movie
- Trailer for Dragon Blade Starring Jackie Chan, Adrien Brody and John Cusack!?
- First Trailer for the Entourage movie
- Interesting trailer for Good Kill, the Andrew Niccol film about Drone pilots starring Ethan Hawke
- Green Lantern and The Queen team up in the trailer for Woman in Gold
- Incredibly Spoilery trailer for The Lazarus Effect (click at your own risk!)
- Non-dancing baby Groot from Hot Toys available from Shiok Toys in Malaysia
- More Cool posters, this time from Skuzzles.com
- More information on the auction of props from the Laika auction (the studio who brought us Coraline, Paranorman, and The Boxtrolls
In our last show of 2014 we discuss the Sony hack, a load of juicy trailers and review Kevin Smith’s Tusk, Aussie chiller The Babadook, David Fincher’s Gone Girl and the end of Peter Jackson’s Middle-Earth odyssey, The Hobbit: the Battle of the 5 Armies.
Thanks for listening , have a Happy New Year and we’ll see you again in 2015!
- THAT Channing Tatum email in full
- All of DC comics movie poster themed variants covers for March (click “Launch Viewer” at the bottom of the page to see all the images)
- New poster for the live action Attack on Titian Film
- Mad Max Fury Road Trailer
- Trailer for Terrance Malick’s next film, Knight of Cups
- New trailer for Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper
- Cussing a plenty in the latest red band trailer for Kingsman: The Secret Service
- Trailer for Absolutely Anything starring Simon Pegg and the voice of Robin Williams
- At last a “proper” trailer at last for Pixar’s Inside Out
- French trailer for The Little Prince
- One of many videos of Mark Hamill’s Harrison Ford impressions
- Staggering teaser trailer for The Walk
- Funny Taken 3 Red Band Trailer/music video
- Sean Penn “goes full Neeson” in The Gunman trailer
- Cool Stuff
On this week’s show we are proud to present our Chrimbo Gift Guide (for the massive film geek in your life), our thoughts on the latest glut of trailers including Star Wars: The Force Awakens (still feels weird typing that), Terminator: Genysis, Jurassic World and more as well as reviews of Horns Starring Daniel Radcliffe, The Coen Brothers’ A Serious Man and, just to change thing up a bit, Nic Cave’s concert in Freemantle, Perth, Australia and Tenacious D’s first ever live gig in KL! (Yeah we’re branching out into gigs now!)
Here’s the show notes:
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Like you haven’t seen it already!)
- Terminator: Genysis trailer
- First trailer from Jurassic World
- Red band trailer for Unfinished Business starring Vince Vaughan (NSFW)
- Mysterious video by Larry Fong (director of photography on Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice) commemorating the last day of shooting
- Son of a Gun Traile starring Ewan McGregor
- Trailer for Studio Ghibli & Hayao Miyizaki documentary The Kingdom Of Dreams and Madness
- Link to more comments from hacked off Sony pictures employees that were revealed during a hacking attack
- Pictures from the Attack on Titan exhibition in Japan
Christmas Gift Guide
(links to all the gifts mentioned on the show):
- Melting Toht Candle (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
- Vigo replica painting from Ghostbusters 2
- Back to the Future flux capacitor Watch
- Streetfigher 2 Christmas jumper
- Madman tees & more from artist Mike Allred
- Criterion Designs book
- His n’ hers Han and Leia hand towels
- New Evil Dead Blu -Ray box set
- Monty Python Ministry of silly walks watch
- HUGE replica of the U.S.S Reliant from Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan
- Batman 66 Blu-Ray box set
- Breaking Bad Los Pollos Hermanos Apron
- Grays Sports Almanac 1950 -2000 from Back to the Future
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles “I am Krang” T shirt
- LEGO Simpsons House
- 1/6 Scale Figure of Walter Bishop from Fringe
- Full-Size Replica of Rocket Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy
That’s all for this week, let us know if you have any comments or questions using the “contact us” form here
This week Gavin reviews kick ass Keanu flick John Wick as well as Wish I was here aka That Zack Braff Kickstarter Movie. He also shares his thoughts on Interstellar, as well as the accompanying furore, after catching it since the last podcast, and Iain finally reviews messed up anime Attack on Titan (aka Shingeki no Kyojin).
We also discuss British TV quiz shows (again!) repeatedly digress into talking about the Tree of Life and examine Taylor Lautner’s comedy chops; why? Who knows!?
- Amazing Looping cello version of Hans Zimmer’s “Time” from Inceptionall performed by one guy; David Chen of slashfilm.com
- Trailer for the latest Adam Sandler schmaltz-fest The Cobbler
- Pics of the current front runners for the roles of Marvel’s Jessica Jones and Luke Cage in the Netflix shows of the same name
- Trailer for star packed The Color of Time
- Funny Jurassic Park The New Nightmare twitter conversation on Storify
- Robot Overlords trailer
- Press shots from the live action Attack on Titan Movie
- First REAL trailer for Kenneth Branagh’s Cinderella
- COOL! STUFF! OF! THE ! WEEK!
On this week’s show we run through our thoughts on AL THOSE MOVIES announced by Marvel and DC lately, and we review Interstellar, Big Hero 6, Joe and The Book Of Life and as well as cast an eye over a feast of new trailers that have been released since our last show.
If you’d like to get in touch for our emails section you can emails us at [email protected] or drop us a line via the contact us form above.
Here’s the show notes:
- Trailer for “Avengers:Age Of Ultron”
- Here’s the infographic I used to keep track of the all the different upcoming DC and Marvel movies
- The Hobbit/Air New Zealand ad that’s pissing Iain off
- Photos and details of The Lord of the Rings themed pub in Killarney, Ireland
- Those awful photos from the Entertainment Weekly shoot for “Terminator:Genysis”
- First pics of “Dad’s Army” remake cast
- First pic of “Daredevil” in his costume from the upcoming Netflix series
- First trailers for Alex Garland’s directorial debut “Ex Machina”
- Bombastic “Fast and Furious 7″ trailer
- Surprising trailer for Ron Howards “In the Heart of the Sea“
- Trailer for Neil Blomkamp’s new film: “Chappie“
- Red Band Trailer for “The Gambler” starring Mark Wahlberg & John Goodman
- All star Trailer for Richard Linklater documentary “21 Years”
- First trailer for the “Despicable me” spin off “Minions”
- Trailer for the “Powers” TV show
- Frankly nuts and fun looking trailer for “Why Don’t You play in Hell”
- Cool Stuff: “Film the Blanks” movie posters
- Cool Stuff: the “Imagined Worlds 2″ poster collection over at Hero Complex