Once again this week’s show should mark the start of another period of regular podcasts and nonsense so stay tuned for more from us.
Here’s this week’s Show Notes:
- Avengers Villain Ultron revealed (plus 8 more pics from Avengers 2)
- Trailers for Disney’s first computer Animated movie with Marvel Big Hero 6
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Pacific Rim 2 and animated series announcement
- New Image of Superman from Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice
Gavin has returned to KL and before he has to jet off again we’ve managed to fit in just one show where we got to chat about all the recent film news that piqued our interest as well as review Godzilla, X-Men: Days of Future Past & Tom Cruise’s latest Edge of Tomorrow.
For any listeners in Singapore you can catch Gavin live on stage in the play RED by Blank Space Theatre at the Esplanade Theatre Studio from July 10th -13th, with tickets available for purchase from sistic.com.sg here
In the mean time I’ll activate our top secret co-host back-up PODCAST-HOST-X program and start throwing guest stars into our podcast hunger games.
Hopefully we should be able to keep to somewhat of a more regular schedule (like I haven’t heard that before).
Enjoy the podcast here’s the show notes:
- Is THIS the face of TV’s Daredevil?
- Film School videos:
- Here’s the two trailers for the follow-up to Godzilla director, (and soon to be director of a Star Wars spin-off movie) Gareth Edwards’ Monsters;
- Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer 2
- Trailer for Chris Nolan’s Interstellar
- TV NEWS!
- COOL STUFF! OF! THE! QUARTER!!
- Wolverine has to be on every X-men team
- and finally a clip sent in by listener @rue_ay_ee, Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon’s Godfather impressions – The Trip to Italy
We’re back (again) and I’m pretty sure we’ve used this picture before, and will no doubt use it again.
In Gavin’s continued absence, McYapandFries will continue with regular guest stars such as this week’s irregular contributor Chi Ren Choong, who joins us to provide his thoughts on Captain America:The Winter Soldier, Transcendence and Snowpiercer.
Over the coming weeks and months we’ll try and build up a rotating cast of guest podcasters, so if YOU have a decent microphone and internet connection, let us know and you could join us on the show!
- Here’s those two Batman 75th Anniversary animated shorts we mentioned on the show:
- WolfCop trailer
- The Kung Fury trailer once again
- The trailer for Richard Linklater’s 12-years-in-the-making film Boyhood
- Here’s those 2 awful X-Men Days of Future Past burger ads
- Trailer for the Michael Bay’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot
- The Nike Ad with a surprise cameo from a Marvel character
- Trailer/ad for Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier… with kids!
WARNING! PODCAST CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE VERY START FOR Captain America:The Winter Soldier, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (up to and including episode 19, 22nd Apr 2014, “The Only Light in the Darkness”) and Thor The Dark World!
In this special SPOILER-filled show Iain and guest Chi Ren discuss Captain America:The Winter Soldier in depth, discussing, amongst other things:
- What we each thought of the film
- Who that blonde chick was
- The possible impact on the Marvel cinematic universe
- What was with that computer thing
- What lasting effects this could have on the Agents Of SHIELD TV show
- What we think of the Agents Of SHIELD TV show
and why Captain America is “better” than Superman
In case you weren’t aware (like we haven’t been plugging it for months) Gavin’s feature film directorial début, “Take Me To Dinner”, is released in Malaysian Cinemas today, 13th March 2014!
In honour of this achievement, I sat down with Gavin and his wife/producer on the film Trina to chat about their experiences making their first film, with almost no budget, and trying to dig a littler deeper than the usual short and sweet press interviews.
We discuss topics such as the conception of the film , how was it working together, the pressures of no-budget film making, getting married in the middle of production, the importance of on set recording and the secret comic book links in the film!
We mostly managed to avoid major spoilers, so sit back and relax and listen to find out what it takes to make a great dinner.
Take me to Dinner is showing at select GSC Cinemas around KL at Mid Valley, Pavilion 1 Utama and Gurney Plaza. Click here for more information and bookings
For more information on the movie check out its web page at http://takemetodinnermovie.tumblr.com/ & pages on
For those of you wondering why there hasn’t been a podcast for a while the reason is two-fold:
1) Gavin has finally finished rehearsals and can now be found treading the boards nightly at the DBS Arts Centre, Singapore, performing in Pangdemonium’s production of Neil La Bute’s Fat Pig. The show runs until 2nd March 2014 so if you are around Singapore I highly recommend you catch Gavin in the flesh, so to speak.
Tickets are available at the Sistic website here : http://www.sistic.com.sg/events/pig0314 and here’s a quick Youtube clip if you want a taste.
2) Gavin’s most recent stand-in just had a baby so that put the end to that!!
If you’ve got a love of movies, a decent microphone, PC and internet connection and feel like filling in for Gavin, hit me up at [email protected], on Twitter at http://twitter.com/mcnastyprime, or using the ‘Contact Us’ form here 0n the site and we’ll see about setting up a show!
This could be a bold new experiment!!
After all this time the unthinkable has finally happened!
While Gavin is away, friend of the show, and close, personal friend Dave joins the podcast, in our first ever show recorded across continents, as Dave joins us from Dublin, Ireland.
On this week’s show “Average Dave” & Iain will review I, Frankenstein, The Purge, The Secret life of Walter Mitty, and Machete Kills.
As usual all feedback (including any fan mail for Dave), can be sent to [email protected] to be read out on the next podcast
Here’s the show notes:
- First official pic released from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Godzilla trailer
- Shia Le Beouf’s bizzare “performance art” apology for plagiarising comic author Daniel Clowes
- Michael Bay’s CES meltdown
- One of Bottlerocket’s Mark Wahlberg vines
- Mark Wahlberg drunken interview on the Graham Norton show
- Edge of Tomorrow trailer
- Bill Murray’s Reddit Ask Me Anything (AMA)
- Trailer for EXTREME 80′s kickstarter flick Kung-Fury
- Trailer for The Raid 2: Berandal
- First Trailer for Robert Rodriguez’s From Dusk Til Dawn TV show
- STUFF OF THE WEEK!
In the meantime here’s a quick update on Gavin’s film, yes, GAVIN’S FILM.
As regular listeners should know, last year Gavin directed his first feature film called “Take me To Dinner” (I’m also in the film, albeit in the background briefly in one scene) and it’s finally opening in selected GSC cinemas in Malaysia on 13th March 2014!
A darkly comic romantic drama, here’s the trailer to whet your appetite
In the run up to the release the production team have also been releasing some (pretty funny) behind the scenes featurettes,I’ve included the the first two at the bottom of this post, however there’ll be more to come so if you want to see them all then subscribe to the “Take Me to Dinner” page on your social media platform of choice:
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/TakeMeToDinner
Twitter – http://twitter.com/TMTDMovie
Here’s the featurettes, I’ll add the others as they are released:
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is almost upon us and yet another year has almost passed us by. During this week’s podcast, as well as the usual news and reviews of the live action Gatchaman movie & The Lone Ranger, we took the opportunity to sum up the year in movies with our first “Yappies” awards, featuring such categories as “Movies so fucked up I didn’t even bother watching them”, “Soundtrack most likely to induce cardiac arrest”, “Best use of a Britney Spears song in a movie” and many more .
This is probably the last podcast for 2013 but if you have your own personal awards categories for this year’s crop of films, feel free to send them in to [email protected], or tweet them to Gavin or I and we’ll share them on the next podcast.
Here’s the show notes:
- Video tribute to Paul Walker from the crew of The Fast and Furious
- First Trailer for The Amazing Spider-man 2
- First trailer for the Wachovski’s Jupiter Ascending starring Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis
- First trailer for Sabotage starring Arnie and an almost unrecognisable Sam Worthington
- Just for fun here’s a video of Arnie driving his Tank and spouting lines from Kindergarten Cop
and finally, even though it was released AFTER we recorded the podcast here’s a link to the awesome first trailer for the return of Godzilla
In this week’s middle obsessed show, Gavin and I are joined by irregular contributor Choong Chi Ren, (sitting in the middle, obviously) to discuss Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight series of films; all the latest movie news and trailers (including new Robocop and Noah teasers) and review Captain Philips and Ender’s Game.
- Cool buy of the week (Nic Cage Edition)
- Take a look at Wolverine’s Classic yellow costume revealed in DVD extra from The Wolverine
- Jean Claude Van Damme’s Epic splits video!
- Trailer for The Raid 2: Berandal
- The latest trailer for the Robocop remake
- First Trailer for Darren Aronofsky’s bat shit insane Noah starring Russell Crowe
- Another trailer for Snowpiercer
- Trailer for Jason Statham actioner Homefront (featuring redneck James Franco amongst others!)
- Goofy (fake?) trailer for Machete Kills Again…In Space!
- Trailer for The Lego Movie