This week we once again joined by Leon Tan of Dragonslate Media and Imaginex Studios for his Hollywood insider perspective as well as an exclusive review of Nicolas Cage’s Outcast, which was recently pulled from cinemas just hours before release in China. Iain also reviews Disney’s Maleficent and new releases Annabelle and Dracula Untold. Gavin doesn’t have anything to review as he was busy FINALLY catching up on Game of Thrones Heres the show notes:
- John Wick Trailer 2
- Jupiter Rising Trailer 3
- Interstellar trailer 3
- Trailer for Predestination starring Ethan Hawke
- First Trailer Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper
- Hilarious first trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice
- Michael Mann’s Blackhat trailer (hopefully I should be in this somewhere as an extra!)
- Black Sea trailer
- Popeye animation test from Genndy Tartakovsky
On this week’s podcast Gavin & Iain enthuse about the latest Keanu Reeves action flick John Wick, and discuss a host of recent trailers (not an awful lot of other news)
Gavin also reviews “The Inbetweeners 2″, while Iain reviews a double dose of mystery in “The Maze Runner” and “The Signal”, as well as sharing his experience of the Singapore Toys Games and Comic Convention.
Here’s the show notes for what we discussed in this week’s show:
- First image from “Powers” TV show
- The AWESOME trailer for “John Wick” starring Keanu Reeves
- Interesting trailer for “Young Ones” starring Michael Shannon and Nicholas Hoult
- Another cool sci-fi trailer: “Automata” with Antonio Banderas, Dylan McDermott, Melanie Griffith and Robert Forster
- Here’s the latest “Crazy Nic Cage” role in the trailer for “Outcast” with Hayden Christensen
- Here’s David Letterman’s interview with the Nic Cage that Gavin mentions on the podcast
- 2nd “Horrible Bosses 2″ Trailer
- Trailer for “Bird People” starring Josh Charles from The Good Wife
- Something bad happened in the woods in the trailer for “Honeymoon”
- Trailer for “The Judge” starring Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall
- First Full trailer for “The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 1″
Because no one demanded it, Gavin , Chi Ren and I geeked out over Guardians of the Galaxy, discussing everything about the film, from the cast, the plot, what we liked, what we didn’t and it’s impact on the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR ALL MARVEL MOVIES RELEASED TO DATE FROM THE VERY START!
On this week’s show we are once again joined by Chi Ren Choong as we reminisce about our favourite Robin Williams performances, talk about the latest movie news and review Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jodorowsky’s Dune, and Brett Ratner’s Hercules.
Here’s the show notes:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger announces the title of the next Terminator movie on his instagram
- Night of the Museum 3 trailer starring a very familiar caveman
- Wacky international trailer for Birdman starring Michael Keaton
- Neat pic of Mark Hamill on set for Star Wars Episode VII
- Trailer for the awful looking Mortdecai starring Jonny Depp
- Fantastic Oral History on the making of Galaxy Quest on its 15 year anniversary
- Cool Stuff!
Fresh from the preview screening, this week’s podcast features our review of the latest instalment in phase 2 of the Marvel cinematic universe: Guardians of the Galaxy, as well was all the news that’s fit to talk about from San Diego Comic-Con including our first look at Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman from Batman v Superman:Dawn of Justice!
We also have reviews of Grand Piano starring Elijah Wood and John Cusack, Out of the Furnace with Christian Bale, 300: Rise of an Empire and Muppets Most Wanted.
As usual here’s the show notes:
- First Pic of Wonder Woman from
- The trailer for the final Hobbit movie the Battle of the Five Armies
- Cool interview with Paul Bettany who voiced JARVIS in the Iron Man films and will star as The Vision in Avengers 2:Age of Ulton
- Test Footage from the proposed Deadpool movie starring Ryan Reynolds (catch this before it’s taken down again!)
- Interesting trailer for The Death of Superman Lives, a documentary on Tim Burton’s aborted Superman movioe!
- Red-Band trailer for Sin City 2: A dame to Kill For
- Trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
- Awesome trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road
- Nice and silly trailer for Hot Tub Time Machine 2 aka The One Without John Cusack
- COOL! STUFF! OF! THE!! WEEK!!!!
Once again this week’s show should mark the start of another period of regular podcasts and nonsense so stay tuned for more from us.
Here’s this week’s Show Notes:
- Avengers Villain Ultron revealed (plus 8 more pics from Avengers 2)
- Trailers for Disney’s first computer Animated movie with Marvel Big Hero 6
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Pacific Rim 2 and animated series announcement
- New Image of Superman from Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice
Gavin has returned to KL and before he has to jet off again we’ve managed to fit in just one show where we got to chat about all the recent film news that piqued our interest as well as review Godzilla, X-Men: Days of Future Past & Tom Cruise’s latest Edge of Tomorrow.
For any listeners in Singapore you can catch Gavin live on stage in the play RED by Blank Space Theatre at the Esplanade Theatre Studio from July 10th -13th, with tickets available for purchase from sistic.com.sg here
In the mean time I’ll activate our top secret co-host back-up PODCAST-HOST-X program and start throwing guest stars into our podcast hunger games.
Hopefully we should be able to keep to somewhat of a more regular schedule (like I haven’t heard that before).
Enjoy the podcast here’s the show notes:
- Is THIS the face of TV’s Daredevil?
- Film School videos:
- Here’s the two trailers for the follow-up to Godzilla director, (and soon to be director of a Star Wars spin-off movie) Gareth Edwards’ Monsters;
- Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer 2
- Trailer for Chris Nolan’s Interstellar
- TV NEWS!
- COOL STUFF! OF! THE! QUARTER!!
- Wolverine has to be on every X-men team
- and finally a clip sent in by listener @rue_ay_ee, Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon’s Godfather impressions – The Trip to Italy
We’re back (again) and I’m pretty sure we’ve used this picture before, and will no doubt use it again.
In Gavin’s continued absence, McYapandFries will continue with regular guest stars such as this week’s irregular contributor Chi Ren Choong, who joins us to provide his thoughts on Captain America:The Winter Soldier, Transcendence and Snowpiercer.
Over the coming weeks and months we’ll try and build up a rotating cast of guest podcasters, so if YOU have a decent microphone and internet connection, let us know and you could join us on the show!
- Here’s those two Batman 75th Anniversary animated shorts we mentioned on the show:
- WolfCop trailer
- The Kung Fury trailer once again
- The trailer for Richard Linklater’s 12-years-in-the-making film Boyhood
- Here’s those 2 awful X-Men Days of Future Past burger ads
- Trailer for the Michael Bay’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot
- The Nike Ad with a surprise cameo from a Marvel character
- Trailer/ad for Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier… with kids!
WARNING! PODCAST CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE VERY START FOR Captain America:The Winter Soldier, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (up to and including episode 19, 22nd Apr 2014, “The Only Light in the Darkness”) and Thor The Dark World!
In this special SPOILER-filled show Iain and guest Chi Ren discuss Captain America:The Winter Soldier in depth, discussing, amongst other things:
- What we each thought of the film
- Who that blonde chick was
- The possible impact on the Marvel cinematic universe
- What was with that computer thing
- What lasting effects this could have on the Agents Of SHIELD TV show
- What we think of the Agents Of SHIELD TV show
and why Captain America is “better” than Superman
In case you weren’t aware (like we haven’t been plugging it for months) Gavin’s feature film directorial début, “Take Me To Dinner”, is released in Malaysian Cinemas today, 13th March 2014!
In honour of this achievement, I sat down with Gavin and his wife/producer on the film Trina to chat about their experiences making their first film, with almost no budget, and trying to dig a littler deeper than the usual short and sweet press interviews.
We discuss topics such as the conception of the film , how was it working together, the pressures of no-budget film making, getting married in the middle of production, the importance of on set recording and the secret comic book links in the film!
We mostly managed to avoid major spoilers, so sit back and relax and listen to find out what it takes to make a great dinner.
Take me to Dinner is showing at select GSC Cinemas around KL at Mid Valley, Pavilion 1 Utama and Gurney Plaza. Click here for more information and bookings
For more information on the movie check out its web page at http://takemetodinnermovie.tumblr.com/ & pages on