On this week’s show we are proud to present our Chrimbo Gift Guide (for the massive film geek in your life), our thoughts on the latest glut of trailers including Star Wars: The Force Awakens (still feels weird typing that), Terminator: Genysis, Jurassic World and more as well as reviews of Horns Starring Daniel Radcliffe, The Coen Brothers’ A Serious Man and, just to change thing up a bit, Nic Cave’s concert in Freemantle, Perth, Australia and Tenacious D’s first ever live gig in KL! (Yeah we’re branching out into gigs now!)
Here’s the show notes:
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer (Like you haven’t seen it already!)
- Terminator: Genysis trailer
- First trailer from Jurassic World
- Red band trailer for Unfinished Business starring Vince Vaughan (NSFW)
- Mysterious video by Larry Fong (director of photography on Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice) commemorating the last day of shooting
- Son of a Gun Traile starring Ewan McGregor
- Trailer for Studio Ghibli & Hayao Miyizaki documentary The Kingdom Of Dreams and Madness
- Link to more comments from hacked off Sony pictures employees that were revealed during a hacking attack
- Pictures from the Attack on Titan exhibition in Japan
Christmas Gift Guide
(links to all the gifts mentioned on the show):
- Melting Toht Candle (from Raiders of the Lost Ark)
- Vigo replica painting from Ghostbusters 2
- Back to the Future flux capacitor Watch
- Streetfigher 2 Christmas jumper
- Madman tees & more from artist Mike Allred
- Criterion Designs book
- His n’ hers Han and Leia hand towels
- New Evil Dead Blu -Ray box set
- Monty Python Ministry of silly walks watch
- HUGE replica of the U.S.S Reliant from Star Trek II: the Wrath of Khan
- Batman 66 Blu-Ray box set
- Breaking Bad Los Pollos Hermanos Apron
- Grays Sports Almanac 1950 -2000 from Back to the Future
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles “I am Krang” T shirt
- LEGO Simpsons House
- 1/6 Scale Figure of Walter Bishop from Fringe
- Full-Size Replica of Rocket Raccoon from Guardians of the Galaxy
That’s all for this week, let us know if you have any comments or questions using the “contact us” form here
This week Gavin reviews kick ass Keanu flick John Wick as well as Wish I was here aka That Zack Braff Kickstarter Movie. He also shares his thoughts on Interstellar, as well as the accompanying furore, after catching it since the last podcast, and Iain finally reviews messed up anime Attack on Titan (aka Shingeki no Kyojin).
We also discuss British TV quiz shows (again!) repeatedly digress into talking about the Tree of Life and examine Taylor Lautner’s comedy chops; why? Who knows!?
- Amazing Looping cello version of Hans Zimmer’s “Time” from Inceptionall performed by one guy; David Chen of slashfilm.com
- Trailer for the latest Adam Sandler schmaltz-fest The Cobbler
- Pics of the current front runners for the roles of Marvel’s Jessica Jones and Luke Cage in the Netflix shows of the same name
- Trailer for star packed The Color of Time
- Funny Jurassic Park The New Nightmare twitter conversation on Storify
- Robot Overlords trailer
- Press shots from the live action Attack on Titan Movie
- First REAL trailer for Kenneth Branagh’s Cinderella
- COOL! STUFF! OF! THE ! WEEK!
On this week’s show we run through our thoughts on AL THOSE MOVIES announced by Marvel and DC lately, and we review Interstellar, Big Hero 6, Joe and The Book Of Life and as well as cast an eye over a feast of new trailers that have been released since our last show.
If you’d like to get in touch for our emails section you can emails us at [email protected] or drop us a line via the contact us form above.
Here’s the show notes:
- Trailer for “Avengers:Age Of Ultron”
- Here’s the infographic I used to keep track of the all the different upcoming DC and Marvel movies
- The Hobbit/Air New Zealand ad that’s pissing Iain off
- Photos and details of The Lord of the Rings themed pub in Killarney, Ireland
- Those awful photos from the Entertainment Weekly shoot for “Terminator:Genysis”
- First pics of “Dad’s Army” remake cast
- First pic of “Daredevil” in his costume from the upcoming Netflix series
- First trailers for Alex Garland’s directorial debut “Ex Machina”
- Bombastic “Fast and Furious 7″ trailer
- Surprising trailer for Ron Howards “In the Heart of the Sea“
- Trailer for Neil Blomkamp’s new film: “Chappie“
- Red Band Trailer for “The Gambler” starring Mark Wahlberg & John Goodman
- All star Trailer for Richard Linklater documentary “21 Years”
- First trailer for the “Despicable me” spin off “Minions”
- Trailer for the “Powers” TV show
- Frankly nuts and fun looking trailer for “Why Don’t You play in Hell”
- Cool Stuff: “Film the Blanks” movie posters
- Cool Stuff: the “Imagined Worlds 2″ poster collection over at Hero Complex
This week we once again joined by Leon Tan of Dragonslate Media and Imaginex Studios for his Hollywood insider perspective as well as an exclusive review of Nicolas Cage’s Outcast, which was recently pulled from cinemas just hours before release in China. Iain also reviews Disney’s Maleficent and new releases Annabelle and Dracula Untold. Gavin doesn’t have anything to review as he was busy FINALLY catching up on Game of Thrones Heres the show notes:
- John Wick Trailer 2
- Jupiter Rising Trailer 3
- Interstellar trailer 3
- Trailer for Predestination starring Ethan Hawke
- First Trailer Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper
- Hilarious first trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice
- Michael Mann’s Blackhat trailer (hopefully I should be in this somewhere as an extra!)
- Black Sea trailer
- Popeye animation test from Genndy Tartakovsky
On this week’s podcast Gavin & Iain enthuse about the latest Keanu Reeves action flick John Wick, and discuss a host of recent trailers (not an awful lot of other news)
Gavin also reviews “The Inbetweeners 2″, while Iain reviews a double dose of mystery in “The Maze Runner” and “The Signal”, as well as sharing his experience of the Singapore Toys Games and Comic Convention.
Here’s the show notes for what we discussed in this week’s show:
- First image from “Powers” TV show
- The AWESOME trailer for “John Wick” starring Keanu Reeves
- Interesting trailer for “Young Ones” starring Michael Shannon and Nicholas Hoult
- Another cool sci-fi trailer: “Automata” with Antonio Banderas, Dylan McDermott, Melanie Griffith and Robert Forster
- Here’s the latest “Crazy Nic Cage” role in the trailer for “Outcast” with Hayden Christensen
- Here’s David Letterman’s interview with the Nic Cage that Gavin mentions on the podcast
- 2nd “Horrible Bosses 2″ Trailer
- Trailer for “Bird People” starring Josh Charles from The Good Wife
- Something bad happened in the woods in the trailer for “Honeymoon”
- Trailer for “The Judge” starring Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall
- First Full trailer for “The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 1″
Because no one demanded it, Gavin , Chi Ren and I geeked out over Guardians of the Galaxy, discussing everything about the film, from the cast, the plot, what we liked, what we didn’t and it’s impact on the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR ALL MARVEL MOVIES RELEASED TO DATE FROM THE VERY START!
On this week’s show we are once again joined by Chi Ren Choong as we reminisce about our favourite Robin Williams performances, talk about the latest movie news and review Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jodorowsky’s Dune, and Brett Ratner’s Hercules.
Here’s the show notes:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger announces the title of the next Terminator movie on his instagram
- Night of the Museum 3 trailer starring a very familiar caveman
- Wacky international trailer for Birdman starring Michael Keaton
- Neat pic of Mark Hamill on set for Star Wars Episode VII
- Trailer for the awful looking Mortdecai starring Jonny Depp
- Fantastic Oral History on the making of Galaxy Quest on its 15 year anniversary
- Cool Stuff!
Fresh from the preview screening, this week’s podcast features our review of the latest instalment in phase 2 of the Marvel cinematic universe: Guardians of the Galaxy, as well was all the news that’s fit to talk about from San Diego Comic-Con including our first look at Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman from Batman v Superman:Dawn of Justice!
We also have reviews of Grand Piano starring Elijah Wood and John Cusack, Out of the Furnace with Christian Bale, 300: Rise of an Empire and Muppets Most Wanted.
As usual here’s the show notes:
- First Pic of Wonder Woman from
- The trailer for the final Hobbit movie the Battle of the Five Armies
- Cool interview with Paul Bettany who voiced JARVIS in the Iron Man films and will star as The Vision in Avengers 2:Age of Ulton
- Test Footage from the proposed Deadpool movie starring Ryan Reynolds (catch this before it’s taken down again!)
- Interesting trailer for The Death of Superman Lives, a documentary on Tim Burton’s aborted Superman movioe!
- Red-Band trailer for Sin City 2: A dame to Kill For
- Trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
- Awesome trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road
- Nice and silly trailer for Hot Tub Time Machine 2 aka The One Without John Cusack
- COOL! STUFF! OF! THE!! WEEK!!!!
Once again this week’s show should mark the start of another period of regular podcasts and nonsense so stay tuned for more from us.
Here’s this week’s Show Notes:
- Avengers Villain Ultron revealed (plus 8 more pics from Avengers 2)
- Trailers for Disney’s first computer Animated movie with Marvel Big Hero 6
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Pacific Rim 2 and animated series announcement
- New Image of Superman from Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice
Gavin has returned to KL and before he has to jet off again we’ve managed to fit in just one show where we got to chat about all the recent film news that piqued our interest as well as review Godzilla, X-Men: Days of Future Past & Tom Cruise’s latest Edge of Tomorrow.
For any listeners in Singapore you can catch Gavin live on stage in the play RED by Blank Space Theatre at the Esplanade Theatre Studio from July 10th -13th, with tickets available for purchase from sistic.com.sg here
In the mean time I’ll activate our top secret co-host back-up PODCAST-HOST-X program and start throwing guest stars into our podcast hunger games.
Hopefully we should be able to keep to somewhat of a more regular schedule (like I haven’t heard that before).
Enjoy the podcast here’s the show notes:
- Is THIS the face of TV’s Daredevil?
- Film School videos:
- Here’s the two trailers for the follow-up to Godzilla director, (and soon to be director of a Star Wars spin-off movie) Gareth Edwards’ Monsters;
- Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer 2
- Trailer for Chris Nolan’s Interstellar
- TV NEWS!
- COOL STUFF! OF! THE! QUARTER!!
- Wolverine has to be on every X-men team
- and finally a clip sent in by listener @rue_ay_ee, Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon’s Godfather impressions – The Trip to Italy