See this? This is a “motion poster” one of the most worthless tools in the movie marketeers publicity toolbox, the inspiration for today’s podcast title and overall waste of time. On this week’s podcast we discuss this travesty, all the news stories linked below, give our reviews Fast and the Furious 6, Jack Reacher, Silver Lining’s Playbook, AND we respond to listener emails and your tweets!
- Cool work in progress picture of that Robocop statue that was kickstarted last year
- Poster and Trailer for the trippy looking A Field in England from Ben Wheately.
- Agent Coulson ,lives in the first full trailer from NBC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
- Another trippy trailer, this time for partially animated The Congress starring Robin Wright Penn
- Behind the scenes photos from Michael Bay’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake
- Latest cool looking trailer for The Wolverine
- So-so trailer for Vin Diesel’s return as Riddick
- The latest trailer for Man of Steel which focuses on Zod
- Video of the kids who edited Toy Story 3 to end at the bleakest moment of the film before they showed it to their mom!
THE HIATUS IS OVER! Gavin’s back in town and this podcast is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!
On this week’s show Gavin and Iain fill you in on where we’ve been the last few months, discuss the latest movie news and trailers (links below) and provide our reviews of Star Trek Into Darkness, Iron Man 3, Oblivion and Stoker.
- The amazing Pacific Rim trailer shown at Wondercon
- The fantastic Man of Steel Trailer
- and here’s some samples from the Man of Steel soundtrack, including the track used in the above trailer
- The teaser trailer for Simon Pegg, Edgar Wreight and Mark Frost’s The Worlds End
- The trailer for This is the End that we briefly mention on the cast
- First Trailer for Ender’s Game
- You can see all the set pics released so far from X-Men:Days of Future Past here
- NSFW trailer for Filth starring James McAvoy
- The trailer for RED 2 with Bruce Willis.
- RIPD trailer starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges
- Here’s the Red band trailer for Only God forgives, and here’s the green band trailer (they are a bit different from each other and both are pretty cool)
- Trailer for The Butler starring EVERYONE apparently
- Here’s the article Iain mentions about the superhero “bubble”
- Iain’s Morgan Freeman gag might make a little more sense if you’ve seen this
- and finally here’s the Brazzaville teen-ager short film made by Michael Cera that Gavin referred to.
Until next time….
Yep we’re back… AGAIN. After someone’s honey moon break we’re back to full podcasting strength and jump straight back into it with news of why James Cromwell is looking so weird in that pic, what’s going on with the next Star Wars and Turtles movies and our reviews of…(deep breath)… Wreck it Ralph, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Lincoln, Cockneys vs Zombies, Hitchcock, Life of Pi ( Gavin’s review) and our take on Cloud Atlas.
Phew! In amongst all that we’ve also got some more news and we talk about the trailers below.
If you are an iTunes user you may think we’ve been even quieter recently that we have actually been; you see unfortunately the iTunes feed …um broke. It should be all fixed now so you should have a nice backlog to listen to ( thanks to Nev for pointing this out, you should check out his band on twitter @youthmass).
Here’s the show notes so you can play along at home:
- Here’s the video of James Cromwell’s PETA protest at Wisconsin University
- Awesome red band Trailer for Danny Boyle’s Trance
- Trailer for Welcome to the Punch starring James McAvoy & Mark Strong
- The trailer for The Hangover part III
- Trailer for Kevin Smith & Scott Mews in Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie
- The latest action packed trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness
- And finally another trailer for Will & Jaden Smith’s After Earth
In our last podcast for a while (you will have to listen to the show to find out why) we discuss so much Star War and Marvel news that we probably should just rename the podcast to the Disney show! We talk about more updates on those Star Wars spinoff movies, what might be next in Marvels long term plan for the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, our thoughts on all the trailers from last week’s Super Bowl and a few more bits an d pieces of odd news.
In reviews this week, we review Arnie’s return to action in The Last Stand, Ben Affleck’s Argo and the 5th film in the Die Hard series: A good Day to Die Hard.
We should be back with another show in March, you’ll find us on twitter in the sidebar.
- Super Bowl Trailers
- Clip of Robert De Niro on Katie Kouric’s chat show
- Trailer for HBO Film’s Phil Spector movie with Al Pacino and Helen Mirren
- Mock up of Quvenzhané Wallis as little orphan Annie
- Link to Dredd online prop auction
- Space Captain Harlock trailer
- First pic of Michael Douglas and Matt Damon in HBO’s Liberace film: Behind the Candelabra
- Trailer for Neil Jordans Vampire film Byzantium
On this weeks McYapandFries podcast we eschew the usual news and chat for a special look at all the films coming out in 2013, month by month, picking out the flicks we’re most exited for, and not bothered about, as we go.
At the end of the cast we also mangwe to squeeze in reviews of Les Miserables, Robot & Frank, and Upside Down.
No show notes this week as there’s TOO MANY MOVIES talked about in this week’s show to get all the trailers!
This week’s show could be our most upbeat and optimistic EVER, featureing, as it does, our reviews of Peter Jackson’s return to Middle Earth in The Hobbit, The Life of PI, The Raid and Killer Joe, and our thoughts on the avalanche of awesome trailers that have popped online in the last month (Links to all the trailers discussed in this week’s show are below as usual.)
This should be our last show for 2012, unless something pops up over the Christmas holidays, and if the world doesn’t end 21st December we’ll see you for more movie chat in 2013!
- “Announcement” trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness (Scroll down to “Announcement – JP Sub” for a slightly longer version)
- The 2nd Trailer for the new Superman Film: Man of Steel
- Awesome first trailer for Gullermo Del Toro’s giant monster and robot smack down Pacific Rim
- Two of a kind: Trailers for movies set when Humanity has left earth behind
- Second trailer for the Lone Ranger sratrring Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer
- A heap of trailers for Tarantin’s Django Unchained
- Horrid trailer for Charlie Sheen starer A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III
- Motion poster for the Next Wolvine movie
- Images of Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore in Seventh Son
- And finally a terrific image from cimnic artist Chris Weston on twitter of what could have been if the Carry On films had teamed up with Marvel back in the day for the X-men.
On this week’s show Iain decides to take the plunge and watch all five Twilight movies, catching up on all the previous films before reviewing the most recent Breaking Dawn Part 2.
Meanwhile Gavin stays well clear and reviews Seth McFarlane’s Ted.
Just to prove that we’re not going soft we’ve also got the latest news on the new Star Trek movie, the new Robocop remake, issues with The Hobbit , lionize Paul Verhoeven a bit, question Melisa McCarthy’s career choices, as well as discuss news on TWO new movies both called The Host.
Here’s the Show notes for everything discussed on today’s show:
- The hobbit production video #9
- Trailer for The Host, based upon the book written by Stephanie Meyer, author of the Twilight series
- Featureette for The Host 2 acompletely separate Korean movie to The Host above
- Latest trailer for Oz: The Great and Powerful starring James Franco
- Trailer for The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy
Mc and Yap Are BACK, finally!
After our two month sabbatical (which we explain on the show) we are back on the air to bring you all the latest movie news that we care about, on a semi regular basis.
This week we discuss the latest Star Wars news, TomCruise’s choice of apparel in his latest flick, the heaps of trailers and movie related updates that have happened while we were away, plus our thoughts on War of the Worlds: Goliath, the animated film that Gavin worked on as voice director and Iain played some steroetypical Irish characters.
We attended the gala premiere for this the first Malayisan 3D animated film last night and share what we thought ahead of the films 15th November release.
In this week’s show you’ll also get our reviews of James Bond’s latest adventure in Skyfall, Looper, Dredd, and Madagaascar 3!
As usual here’s the show notes for all the trailers and pics from today’s show.
- Picture of Tom Cruise’s futuristic get up in All You Need is Kill
- Iron Man 3 trailer and the screen grabs from the same that we discuss on the show
- TRaiiler for Brad Pitt’s World War Z
- Red Band (i.e. icky) trailer for the remake of The Evil Dead
- Teaser trailer for the remake of Carrie
This week’s podcast is all ACTION as bullets fly in Iain’s review of The Expendables 2, (as well as in our discussions of the trailers for Stallone’s and Arnie’s latests flicks), pedals hit the .. er…metal as Gavin reviews Joseph Gordon Levitt’s mad dash Premium Rush, Iain looks at Guy Pearce in..wait….what!!?
You want me to post what along with the podcast??
But it doesn’t make sens-
No, it’s not righ-
Oh jeez all right then….
I SAID ALRIGHT!
Um here’s a picture of a cute dog because the Beauty Queen from Mars demanded it
(Christ! What kind of site do you think we’re running here!?)
Anyway where was I ? Oh yes Iain reviews Guy Pearce in SPAAAAAACE sci-fi actioner Lockout, and finally Gavin gives a report on Mel Gibson’s How I Spent My Summer Vacation, also known as Get the Gringo, depending on who you ask. All this and a load of bad Christopher Walken,Arnie and Sly Stallone “impressions“.
If all that seems a bit too much for you we finish of with a nice relaxing review of the Harry Potter Exhibit at the ArtScience Museum Singapore.
As usual here’s all the stuff we looked at in the podcast
- Clint Eastwood talking to a chair at the Republican National Convention over the weekend
- Colin Farrell,Sam Rockwell and CHRISTOPHER WALKEN look amazing in the trailers for Seven Psychopaths, available in sweary and non-sweary versions.
- The original “Toronto Batman”
- Toronto Batman helps review the new Hyundai in London
- Sylvester Stallong and Jason Momoa in the first trailer for Bullet to the Head
- Trailer for The last stand starring Johnny Knoxville and ARNIE
- The Dredd poster we mentioen in the cast…. along with a clever piss take
- Get your “One” ring right here!
- Sweet TMNT DVD box set
- Hot Toys (not life size) Anne Hathaway Selina Kyle figure
- Joe Carnahan’s (the grey) sizzle reel for his take on Daredevil
If you’d like more infromation on the Harry potter Exhibit inSingpaore you can find it here
Hope you enjoy the cast, and don’t forget to share your thoughts using the form on the Contact Us page!