Popped along to the 2057 art exhibit, curated by Gavin at Minut Init art Gallery in Damansara Utama yet?
No? Not sold on the idea? Check out this interview with Gavin on BFM Radio to find out more about the show.
The show is only running until Saturday 27th so if you’re gonna go , go now! More details on the art show and the gallery here
Taking a break from movies for a while and following on from curating the art exhibition “ARE WE LOST – A Search For Malaysian Pop Culture” last year, Gavin has once again gathered a diverse collection of local artists for a new art show; 2057 which runs all this week at Minut Init art Gallery in Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya.
The gallery is open daily, 1pm to 8pm until the 27th August and Gavin will be there to guide visitors through the exhibit.
You can check out a preview of the artwork on display on Gavin’s Instagram account and if you are thinking of popping by, Minut Init’s full address is 27, Jalan SS 21/37, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia and you can find a map to it’s location here.
If you do visit, say “Hi” and let Gavin know you listen to the podcast and feel free to let us know what you think of the show.
On this week’s podcast Iain fills Gavin in on Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of Roald Dahl’s beloved children’s classic The BFG.
Don’t forget to check out our sponsor Greenroom136.com using the promo code read out in the podcast
On this week’s podcast Gavin & Iain go up against Suicide Squad, DC Comics latest comic book adaptation.
We talk about it’s strengths and its flaws, what we think of Jared Leto’s Joker and Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn, Batfleck’s role in film the and why we think Will Smith decided to take on the role of Deadshot before delving into a specially designated spoiler section at the end of the podcast for those who’ve seen the movie already.
If you enjoy our podcasts and would like to help us out, please share with your friends and stop by our fine sponsor’s website over at greenroom136.com and check out their hardcore, handmade, urban backpacks, satchels and all sorts of bags, made right here in Malaysia!
Finally, here’s our take on the new Ghostbusters film!
As is our new format, we dedicate the whole episode to Ghostbusters , starting with a spoiler-free review before heading into a brief spoiler section at the end.
We’re still looking for feedback on our recent shows (and the films we reviewed) so as always feel free to drop us a line abnout this or anything that tickles your fancy via:
- the Contact us form on the site
- email at [email protected]
- on twitter @mcyapandfries
- or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/McYapAndFries/
And as usual please stop by our fine sponsor’s website over at greenroom136.com and check out their hardcore, handmade, urban backpacks, satchels and all sorts of bags, made right here in Malayisa!
McYapandFries boldly goes “beyond” this week with a slight format change as Iain and Gavin dedicate the latest podcast solely to reviewing Star Trek Beyond before ploughing into a clearly marked spoiler section at the very end of the show. No news section this week.
The mcyapandfries podcast is proudly sponsoed by Greenroom136.com , click the banner below to check out their handmade urban carry gears, backpacks and satchels!
Our latest podcast is the Independence Day: Resurgence spoilercast! Gavin and Iain discuss the new Independence Day movie in depth and with spoilers from the very beginning (you have been warned!)
We talk about that alien ******, what happened to P******** W*******, why J*** was a waste of space and how funny it is that C**** is all up in this shit!
On this week’s McYapandfries podcast we catch up with Gavin’s European adventures and review The Conjuring 2, Warcraft, The Do-over ,The Nice Guys & Finding Dory!
The McYapandFries podcast is proudly brought to you by greenroom136 urban carry gears, listen to the show for a discount code for the their online store at greenroom136.com
As usual here’s links to all the stuff we discussed on this week’s show:
- You can find all the episodes of IGN.com’s post Game of Thrones discussion show, After the Watch starring Iain on SEA.IGN.COM here.
- The dumb-as-rocks trailer for Monster Trucks
- Trailer for the new spooky looking Netflix series Stranger Things
- Very promising trailer for Disney’s Pete’s Dragon remake
- Not very promising trailer for the remake of Ben Hur
- A smirking Jude Law is The Young Pope?
- This trailer for The Shallows has piqued our interest
- Ben’s Kingley’s gangster impression number 4 in the trailer for Collide
- Trailer for the North Korea documentary The Lovers and the Despot
- Cute Independence Day: Resurgence video with the actor Jeff Goldblum meeting the character David Levinson
- Intriguing trailer for the animated movie Storks
- Twin Peaks Great Northern Hotel replica keychains at gihz.com
- Rocky 40th Anniversary 7″ Action Figure Series 02: Rocky IV – Set of 4
- Very cool Adkessio lamps
- Lord of the Thrones art show at the San Francisco’s Spoke Art Gallery
- Mondo’s Mike Mitchell Star Wars portrait posters
On this week’s McYapAndFries movie podcast as sponsored by greenroom136.com Iain & Gavin review Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, X-Men Apocalypse, the first episode of AMC’s Preacher TV show and retro horror The House of the Devil and discuss DC’s Rebirth event and the controversy surrounding Steve Rogers Captain America #1
All this and anything else that we found interesting in the worlds of comics, movies and pop culture.
Links to anything cool we discussed tin the show:
- The two cool posters for Star Trek Beyond
- Lame first official photo from Alien: Covenant
- Trailer for The Accountant starring Ben Affleck
- Trailer for Nicholas Winding Refn’s The Neon Demon
- TRAPPED IN A HOUSE WITH CRAZY, BLIND STEPHEN LANG, it’s the trailer for Don’t Breathe
- First trailer for Assassin’s Creed starring Michael Fassbender
- Emotional trailer for Oil Rig disaster flick Deepwater Horizon
- Better Ghostbusters trailer
- A table read of George Miller’s cancelled Justice League: Mortal script from an event at the Comic Bug comic store
- More cool posters this time at DarkHall Mansion Store
We’re back! Again! This time with reviews of Jon Favreau’s remake of The Jungle Book, Bad Robot’s thriller 10 Cloverfield Lane, long awaited Indonesian sequel Ada Apa Dengan Cinta 2, Kickstarted 80′s short Kung Fury and Gavin samples the dubious delights of the Food Wars Anime.
Also on this week’s podcast we FINALLY announce the winner of the Junkmonkey Urban Pro single strap bag from our sponsor greenroom136.com!
Yes! We have a winner and we’ll be getting in touch with that winner real soon!!
All this and the usual catch up on the all the movie news that’s worth keeping up with!
Below you’ll find links to all the neat stuff we talked about on the show.
- The Magnificent Seven Teaser Trailer
- Trailer for Jason Bourne
- Music Video for OJ Law’s latests song “After All” (Directed by Gavin and starring Patrick Teoh!)
- First Trailer for Rogue One: a Star Wars Story
- Trailer for odd competitive tickling documentary Tickled
- Japanese reaction to Ghost in the Shell casting & whitewashing accusations on Kotaku.com
- More on Ghostbusters director Paul Feig’s comments on “Fans being assholes” which he’s since clarified
- GODDAMNED LIFE SIZE STATUE of Ben Affleck’s Batman from Batman V Superman!
- Mezco one:12 collection