Gavin’s still in Singapore, performing in the play Tribes at the Drama Centre Theatre , and will be until 7th June, however we’ve never been ones never ones to let a small thing like 350 kilometres get in the way of a natter , so we managed to get together for a podcast on skype this week to discuss the latest movies news, a heap load of trailers and review HBO documentary Going Clear: Scientology and The Prison of Belief, “comedy” Get Hard with Will Ferrell & Kevin Hart, freaky sci-fi AI tale Ex Machina and Arnie taking care of his zombie daughter in Maggie.
Here’s the show notes for everything we discussed this week
- The Projector is an indie cinema in Singapore, check it out after you’ve seen Gavin’s play
- In case you missed it: joke video of Matthew McConaughey’s reaction to the Star Wars teaser
- First pics of Matt Damon in Ridley Scott’s adaptation of The Martian
- Shots from the Deadpool set with Ryan Reynolds hosting a very special guest
- First Look at Ogrim the orc from Duncan Jones’s Warcraft movie
- Trailer for Cooties
- Black Mass trailer 2
- Very cool trailer for Nina Forever
- Trailer for Eli Roth’s Knock, Knock starring Keanu Reeves
- Trailer for Into the Grizzly Maze starring Cyclops and The Punisher!
- Trailer for We Are Your Friends AKA EDM Douchebag: The Movie
- Cool trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit. Here’s hoping he doesn’t fuck it up
- Trailer for Cameron Crowe’s latest, Aloha
- Trailer for The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel, Elijah Wood and Michael Caine
- Giant Attack On Titan statues that can be won via lottery in Japan.
- Reposting the link to the model of Bishop from Aliens again because it’s so damn cool
…and we’re back!…..sorta. With Gavin still away in Singapore (for the play Tribes, which is running from 22 May – 7 June 2015 at the Drama Centre Theatre Singapore), I had to source some substitutes and that took a little longer than expected. Thankfully I was able to find someone in the form of Umapagan Ampikaipakan of BFM and the Cooler Lumpur Festival who in joins me on this week’s cast to ramble about all the geeky movie, TV and comic book news of the last few months.
Also on this week’s show we review Mad Max:Fury Road, Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland and SPY starring Melissa McCarthy, Jude Law and Jason Statham
Here’s the show notes for most, if not all the items we talked about on the show:
- Trailer for DC’s new TV show spin-off from Arrow and The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow
- First trailer for CBS’s new Supergirl TV show
- OK there WAS a second Supergirl trailer but it seems to have disappeared from the internets!
- Set pics from Captain America: Civil War showing updated costumes and first look at villain Crossbones
- Seth Rogen tweets the first set pic of Dominic Cooper in AMC’s Preacher TV show
- Second trailer for Guillermo Del Toro’s Crimson Peak
- Here’s a link to that Ron Perlman Book that Uma was talking about
- Trailer for new The Muppets TV show!
- Plans for a papercraft AT-AT Walker!
- Funny Jurassic Park themed ad seen online
- Awesome Stars Wars “Kirigami” (I think I mispronounced this throughout the podcast), single pieces of paper expertly sliced to create scenes from the movies
- Once you’ve watched Mad Max: Fury Road here’s a 2 hours Q&A with the cinematographer John Seale and 2nd Unit cinematographer David Burr ACS at ACS Victoria
- AMAZING silicone model of the “half” of Bishop from Aliens, with extra Lance Henrikson thrown in for good measure
It’s been a while but we’ll FINALLY have a new podcast for you soon, as we are recording this weekend!
As Gavin is still away we’ll have a special guest on to discuss the latest movie news as well as review Mad Max: Fury Road, Tomorrowland, and we’ll probably end up talking about Avengers: Age Of Ultron for a bit as well.
If you have any comments on any recent films or anything you’d like us to discuss on the podcast email us at [email protected]
Also Iain guest starred on the Geeks in Malaysia podcast recently to discuss all things Marvel, From Avengers to Daredevil and beyond. Keep an eye out on http://www.geeksinmalaysia.com/ for when it becomes available for download!
We are working on recording a podcast using THE POWER OF THE INTERNET and hope to have something for you soon. In the mean time, here’s some details on the new play:
The play runs from 22 May – 7 June 2015 at the Drama Centre Theatre Singapore, with special performances incorporating Sign Language interpreters on stage on the following dates:
• Saturday 23 May, 8pm
• Wednesday 27 May, 8pm
• Saturday 30 May, 8pm
• Wednesday 3 June, 8pm
• Saturday 6 June, 8pm
Discounted rates are exclusively available for deaf and hard-of-hearing clients of The Singapore Association for the Deaf, are available by contacting Lizhen at [email protected] for more information.
Here’s the announcement trailer
..and here’s another trailer in Sign Language.
Sooooo, one of the reasons that we’ve not done a podcast recently is because Gavin is working his ass off on a number of projects, one of which is a production of “Speed The Plow“, a play by David Mamet.
The production is being staged at Pentas 2 at the KL Performing Arts Centre (KL PAC) from 9-15th April.
Drop by if you’re in the area and fancy a bit of culture or just want to see Gavin in the flesh (I should be lurking in the audience on at least one night)
Shows are on @ 8:30pm on the 9th-15th April, with a 3pm matinee on the 12th April.
There is no Show on the 13th April
For bookings call +603-40479000 or log on to klpac.org
Tickets are priced at :
Standard – RM68
Concession 1 – RM48 (TAS Card Member / Senior Citizen / Disabled)
Concession 2 – RM38 (Student)
*Concession 1 & 2 ONLY available for walk-in to klpac and penangpac box office with valid ID
All prices inclusive of RM3 ticket handling fee and 6% GST
You can find more information on the play here, and there’s a video promo below.
We should be able to get the next podcast to you soon!
On this week’s show we’re all at “C” with reviews of Coherence, Calvary, Kennth Branagh’s Cinderella & Neil Blomkamp’s latest Chappie!
We also take a look at all the latest trailers and some cool stuff, all the links to which are below for your clicking pleasure.
- First pics of TV’s new Supergirl in her costume
- Link to buy and watch Lessons Learned, the short puppet film by Toby Froud (the baby from Labyrinth)
- Leonard Nimoy’s final tweet
- Trailer for Self/Less starring Sir Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds
- Latest Trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron
- Trailer for No Escape starring Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan
- First trailer for Mr Holmes starring Ian McKellen
- Red Band Trailer for Get Hard with Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart
- Trailer for Hot Pursuit starring Sofia Vergara and Reese Witherspoon
- Mad Max international Trailer with funky Japanese kanji
- Pics of the DIY BMO from Adventure Time along with instructions on how to build your own one!
- Hero Complex Gallery’s latest poster collection “Quotes, Lines, & Lyrics”
- Vinyl Sugar’s Facebook page where you can find out about the statues and where to buy them
- Cuyler Smith’s cool poster store
Gong Xi Fa Cai or Happy Chinese New Year to all our listeners! Gavin and I we got a little carried away with festive cheer before recording this podcast so it does go all a bit wobbly near the end.
On the show we discuss Spidey joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. a host of ewn trailers and review Jupiter Ascending and Under the Skin
As usual here’s the links to any videos or images we discussed in the show:
- The Superior Firepower documentary on the making of Aliens
- Neill Blomkamp’s Instagram
- First set pics of Kirsten Ritter as Jessica Jones in the Netflix/Marvel TV show of the same name
- First trailer for Guy Ritchie’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E
- Trailer for Straight Outta Compton, the NWA biopic
- Second trailer for Kenneth Branagh’s Cinderella
- Trailer for Hitman:Agent 47, the latest attempt to transfer the Hitman videogame to the silver screen
- Trailer for the Poltergeist remake
- Trailer for Plastic starring Will Poulter and Alfie Allen amongst others
- Trailer for Lost River, Ryan Gosling’s directorial debut
- Trailer for Crimson Peak, the latest film from Guillermo Del Toro
- Trailer for Bread Bird’s Tomorrowland
- Trailer for intriguing romantic horror Spring
- Trailer for Channing Tatum’s return in Magic Mike XXL
On this week’s review-heavy podcast we discuss A Walk Amongst the Tombstones starring Liam Neeson, the much fêted Birdman with Michael Keaton, 1980′s crime drama A Most Violent Year with Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain, Michael Mann’s hacker thriller Blackhat and in a time travelling double bill,the Michael Bay produced, found footage time travel movie Project Almanac and Predestination starring Ethan Hawke!
As we recorded this before the Super Bowl we don’t cover the super Bowl trailers in this week’s show. Next time baby!
As usual here are the links to all the trailers and cool stuff we talked about on the show
- Trailer for the new Fantastic Four reboot
- Second trailer for Avengers Age of Ultron
- Second trailer for Chappie that shows off a darker side to the Neil Blomkamp film
- Trailer for The Voices starring Ryan Reynolds
- New trailer for Ted 2
- Trailer for Anarchy, starring Ed Harris, Ethan Hawke, Milla Jovovich, & John Leguizamo
- More wackiness From Takashi Miike in the first trailer for As the Gods Will
- Cool movie posters from Hero Complex as part of its Young Guns exhibition
- Awesome Terminator and other posters from Grey Matters
- Predator figure from Neca that looks just like the cover to the first Dark Horse Predator comic from 25 years ago
- Batman Returns Double Bill
- Jack Burton vest from Big Trouble in Little China(again?)
- Very Cool poster for Predestination from Mondo (sadly, not yet for sale)
We start 2015 with a flat out BAN on Back to the Future 2 jokes, some discussion of the first Ant-Man trailer, Neil Blomkjamp’s aborted Alien pitch, Michael Biehn, Ed Harris, the Ghost in the Shell casting and much more.
Also on this week’s show, Gavin reviews Malaysian film Terbaik Dari Langit while Iain reviews Seventh Son, The Raid 2 and Frank and we get as heap of Email/Twitter/Facebook correspondence!
- First Trailer for Marvel’s Ant-Man Starring Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd
- … here’s a fan re-edit of the Ant-Man trailer that inserts a little more OOOMPH at the end
- … just in case you missed it here’s Marvel’s “Ant-Sized” Ant-Man trailer that they released before the full one above
- …and finally here’s the funny first poster for Ant-Man
- Daredevil “Motion poster” revealing the Netflix show’s air date
- All the pictures Neil Blomkamp shared on his Instagram from his seemingly abandoned pitch for a new Alien movie
- Trailer for Dragon Blade Starring Jackie Chan, Adrien Brody and John Cusack!?
- First Trailer for the Entourage movie
- Interesting trailer for Good Kill, the Andrew Niccol film about Drone pilots starring Ethan Hawke
- Green Lantern and The Queen team up in the trailer for Woman in Gold
- Incredibly Spoilery trailer for The Lazarus Effect (click at your own risk!)
- Non-dancing baby Groot from Hot Toys available from Shiok Toys in Malaysia
- More Cool posters, this time from Skuzzles.com
- More information on the auction of props from the Laika auction (the studio who brought us Coraline, Paranorman, and The Boxtrolls
In our last show of 2014 we discuss the Sony hack, a load of juicy trailers and review Kevin Smith’s Tusk, Aussie chiller The Babadook, David Fincher’s Gone Girl and the end of Peter Jackson’s Middle-Earth odyssey, The Hobbit: the Battle of the 5 Armies.
Thanks for listening , have a Happy New Year and we’ll see you again in 2015!
- THAT Channing Tatum email in full
- All of DC comics movie poster themed variants covers for March (click “Launch Viewer” at the bottom of the page to see all the images)
- New poster for the live action Attack on Titian Film
- Mad Max Fury Road Trailer
- Trailer for Terrance Malick’s next film, Knight of Cups
- New trailer for Clint Eastwood’s American Sniper
- Cussing a plenty in the latest red band trailer for Kingsman: The Secret Service
- Trailer for Absolutely Anything starring Simon Pegg and the voice of Robin Williams
- At last a “proper” trailer at last for Pixar’s Inside Out
- French trailer for The Little Prince
- One of many videos of Mark Hamill’s Harrison Ford impressions
- Staggering teaser trailer for The Walk
- Funny Taken 3 Red Band Trailer/music video
- Sean Penn “goes full Neeson” in The Gunman trailer
- Cool Stuff