This week on the show we get interrupted by car alarms (thankfully, only very briefly) and Iain reviews 60′s spy reboot The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Pixar’s latest: Inside Out, videogame adaptation Hitman: Agent 47 and vampire mockumentary What we do in the Shadows while Gavin looks on.
Also, thanks to friend of the show We Jun both Iain and Gavin preview Salvaj, a short indie film made right here in Malaysia that will be shown this coming Monday, 31st August at 7pm on Sundance TV (Astro HD Channel 438).
SPOILERS: you should totally check it out and support local film-making!
Click on the image below for more information on the film
This is also your last chance to enter our competition to win one of these sweet Man of Steel Pocket book slim wallets from our sponsor Greenroom136. Listen to the podcast and Gavin’s question in the show and send the answer to [email protected]
You won’t find these babies in the store at http://greenroom136.com/ but you will find all sorts of high quality hand made urban urban carry gear from back backs to pouches to wallets. Check them out and let us know what you think at [email protected]
As usual here’s links to all the cool shit we talked about on the show:
- Interview with awesome poster artist Drew Struzan including pics of his poster for The Force Awakens
- The first four-minute episode of the new animated CW Seed series Vixen, which is set in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash
- Indiegogo campaign to build Minas Tirith from The Lord Of The Rings
- Indiegogo campaign to destroy Minas Tirith from The Lord Of The Rings
- First trailer for Tarantino’s Hateful 8
- First trailer for the Dad’s Army remake
- Trailer for Scouts guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
- Trailer for Lumberjack Man
- Trailer for The Final girls
- Trailer for Bryan Cranston’s latest film Trumbo
- First trailer for Steven Spielberg’s next film Bridge of Spies starring Tom Hanks
- First trailer for Victor Frankenstein starring James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe
- UK trailer for Victor Frankenstein showing some different footage
- Another awful looking trailer for Jem and the Holograms
- Trailer for one of Robin William’s final film roles, Boulevard
- Trailer for Life a film about about James Dean starring Dane DeHaan and Robert Pattinson
- Back to the Future monopoly!!?
- Bob’s Burgers Cookbook coming soon!
- Very cool Vinyl Sugar Batman 1966 statues
- Vinyl Sugar’s series of Seinfeld Figures
On this week’s McYapandFries movie review podcast we bid farewell to “Rowdy” Roddy Piper review Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Iain provides one of the very rare slightly positive reviews of Fantastic Four. Don’t forget, all this August we are giving away two, yes TWO Pocketbook Slim Wallets exclusively made for the show by our sponsors Greenroom136, makers of fine urban carry gear available at http://greenroom136.com. To be in with a chance to win one of these highly coveted items, listen to the podcast and answer the question asked in the email section and email us at [email protected]! Here’s links to anything we discussed on the show:
- The Deadpool teaser trailer for the trailer
- Deadpool Green Band trailer
- Deadpoool Red Band Trailer
- Deadpool director Tim Miller’s trailer breakdown over at Empire magazine
- The latest Hitman: Agent 47 trailer
- Trailer for The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel
- Trailer for interesting looking horror Bound to Vengeance
- Weird ass retro trailer for Queen of Earth staring Elizabeth Moss
- Awful looking Norm of the North Trailer
- Trailer for By the Sea starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- Home alone toys of Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) Harry (Joe Pesci) and Marv (Daniel Stern)!
- Very cool photos from a Jurassic Park themed going away party
- Great AV club article on how Mark Hamill has been defacing Star Wars trading cards for years
- Werner Herzog’s Ant-Man
- Rick and Morty’s Rickstaverse over on instagram
Welcome to a new era in McYapandFries history as we are proud to announce that McYapandFries movie podcast is now officially sponsored by Greenroom136.com.
On this week’s show we run through our favourite news from San Diego Comic-Con, discuss Chris Pine’s “bahstahn accaent”, and review Marvel’s Ant-Man and Ted 2.
Greenroom136 have also generously given us some fantastic prizes to give away: these TWO brand new Pocketbook Slims.
These are thin, simple Pocketbooks for people looking for a minimalist approach to carrying their finance, are exclusively made only for this contest and feature an officially licensed printed fabric of the Man of steel. Check them out in the video below.
You’ll need to listen to the podcast to hear the question but you have until the end of August to email the answers to us at [email protected]!
As usual here’s links to anything we discussed on the show:
- That Star Wars behind the scenes trailer from San Diego Comic-Con 2015
- You can also see the whole Star Wars Comic-Con panel here
- Here’s a taste of the free Star Wars concert at Comic -con
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Comic-Con Trailer
- Steven Amell’s appearance in character as Green Arrow at Comic-Con
- Bryan Cranston’s epic mike drop
- Trailer for Ash vs Evil Dead
- Suicide Squad Comic-Con trailer
- Look at the state of Apocalypse in these stills from X-men Apocalypse
- Chris Pine’s Massachusetts accent stars in the trailer for The Finest Hours
- Fred Arminsen is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as Ben Affleck in this SNL clip from 2013
- Cool looking first trailer for The Revenant by director Alejandro G. Iñárritu (Birdman) starring Leonardo Di Caprio and Tom Hardy
- Latest trailer for latest James Bond flick SPECTRE
- First trailer for Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur
- Back to the Future: The Complete Collection
- Shota Kotake’s insanely cool Father Ted a day project
- Kevin Tong’s tragic sunshine poster store
- Vin Diesel’s Dungeons & Dragons themed birthday cake
On this week’s show Gavin and Iain review Terminator Genisys, Minions and the Joe Carnahan directed Stretch and share some of our listeners and our own favourite 90′s movies that seem all but forgotten!
Lots of listeners got in touch via email ([email protected]), Faceook (https://www.facebook.com/McYapAndFries) and twitter (https://twitter.com/McYapandFries) to let us know their favourite 90′s flicks that time has forgotten and you can still do the same if we left out any of your favourites, just drop us a line!
Thanks to everyone who wrote in!
Here’s links to anything we discussed on the show:
- First pic of Bruce Campbell as Ash in Starz new TV series Ash Vs Evil Dead
- Those production stills from Batman v Superman
- First publicity photos from the Independence Day sequrel Independence: Resurgence
- Check out the recreation of Jerry’s apartment from Seinfeld in New York
- If you want to save Tron 3, here’s the website and petition for you!
- Trailer for tennis mockumentary 7 Days in Hell starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington
- Trailer for Rock the Kasbah starring Bill Murray
- Trailer for office vampire flick Blood Sucking Bastards
- Trailer for the Rocky spin-off Creed
- First trailer for Steve Jobs directed by Danny Boyle, written by Aaron Sorkin and starring Michael Fassbender as Steve Jobs
- The latest prank by Arnie for Charity
- Kung Fu Panda 3 teaser trailer
- Rumoured first pictures of the new Lego Wall-E
- Very cool tiny Star Wars Remote Control helicopters!
- Gameplay trailer for the amazing looking Transformers: Devastation videogame that replicates the look of the G1 cartoon
- Cool carton of six Weyland-Yutani branded toy Alien Xenomorph eggs
- Awesome looking Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History book
- Attack on Titian hotdogs? What the hell?
Back in the same room once again, Gavin and Iain are on the case reviewing Jurassic World and dystopian future western The Young Ones as well as discussing all the latest movie news and a whole heap of new trailers from around the web.
Also this week we want to hear from you on what your favourite 90′s movies are that now seem to be mostly forgotten. Let us know on Twitter or Facebook or send your thoughts to podcast@mcyapandfries. com
Here’s links to anything we discussed on the show:
- Norm MacDonald’s Bob Uecker story on the Late Show with David Letterman
- Cool fan art of Jon Bernthal as The Punisher in Marvel’s Daredevil by BossLogic
- James Cameron shills for Terminator Genisys
- AWESOME trailer for The Martian starring Matt Damon
- Cool featurette of Matt Damon’s character from The Martian introducing the Hermes crew
- Very cool trailer for Cop Car starring Kevin Bacon
- Trailer for the Lance Armstrong movie The Program
- Very funny red band trailer for American Ultra starring Jesse Eisenberg
- That pointless Point Break remake trailer
- Interesting trailer for Political documentary Best Of Enemies
- Trailer for The End of the Tour starring Jason Segel & Jesse Eisenberg
- Trailer for Joe Dirt 2!!????
- Trailer for MacBeth Starring Michael Fassbender & Marion Cotillard
- Preview of the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas comic book coming from Top Shelf productions with art by Troy Little
- Matt Ferguson’s Iron Man posters over at Greymatterart.com
- Alex Zhang artwork and posters at bottleneckgallery.com
- Han Solo in Carbonite minifridge!
- Very cool Garbage Pail Kids – Where Are They Now? artwork
- Kung Fury Full movie on youtube
- Predator:Dark Ages full movie on Youtube
- The Nerdist podcast interviews John Cusack
Gavin’s still in Singapore, performing in the play Tribes at the Drama Centre Theatre , and will be until 7th June, however we’ve never been ones never ones to let a small thing like 350 kilometres get in the way of a natter , so we managed to get together for a podcast on skype this week to discuss the latest movies news, a heap load of trailers and review HBO documentary Going Clear: Scientology and The Prison of Belief, “comedy” Get Hard with Will Ferrell & Kevin Hart, freaky sci-fi AI tale Ex Machina and Arnie taking care of his zombie daughter in Maggie.
Here’s the show notes for everything we discussed this week
- The Projector is an indie cinema in Singapore, check it out after you’ve seen Gavin’s play
- In case you missed it: joke video of Matthew McConaughey’s reaction to the Star Wars teaser
- First pics of Matt Damon in Ridley Scott’s adaptation of The Martian
- Shots from the Deadpool set with Ryan Reynolds hosting a very special guest
- First Look at Ogrim the orc from Duncan Jones’s Warcraft movie
- Trailer for Cooties
- Black Mass trailer 2
- Very cool trailer for Nina Forever
- Trailer for Eli Roth’s Knock, Knock starring Keanu Reeves
- Trailer for Into the Grizzly Maze starring Cyclops and The Punisher!
- Trailer for We Are Your Friends AKA EDM Douchebag: The Movie
- Cool trailer for M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit. Here’s hoping he doesn’t fuck it up
- Trailer for Cameron Crowe’s latest, Aloha
- Trailer for The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel, Elijah Wood and Michael Caine
- Giant Attack On Titan statues that can be won via lottery in Japan.
- Reposting the link to the model of Bishop from Aliens again because it’s so damn cool
…and we’re back!…..sorta. With Gavin still away in Singapore (for the play Tribes, which is running from 22 May – 7 June 2015 at the Drama Centre Theatre Singapore), I had to source some substitutes and that took a little longer than expected. Thankfully I was able to find someone in the form of Umapagan Ampikaipakan of BFM and the Cooler Lumpur Festival who in joins me on this week’s cast to ramble about all the geeky movie, TV and comic book news of the last few months.
Also on this week’s show we review Mad Max:Fury Road, Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland and SPY starring Melissa McCarthy, Jude Law and Jason Statham
Here’s the show notes for most, if not all the items we talked about on the show:
- Trailer for DC’s new TV show spin-off from Arrow and The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow
- First trailer for CBS’s new Supergirl TV show
- OK there WAS a second Supergirl trailer but it seems to have disappeared from the internets!
- Set pics from Captain America: Civil War showing updated costumes and first look at villain Crossbones
- Seth Rogen tweets the first set pic of Dominic Cooper in AMC’s Preacher TV show
- Second trailer for Guillermo Del Toro’s Crimson Peak
- Here’s a link to that Ron Perlman Book that Uma was talking about
- Trailer for new The Muppets TV show!
- Plans for a papercraft AT-AT Walker!
- Funny Jurassic Park themed ad seen online
- Awesome Stars Wars “Kirigami” (I think I mispronounced this throughout the podcast), single pieces of paper expertly sliced to create scenes from the movies
- Once you’ve watched Mad Max: Fury Road here’s a 2 hours Q&A with the cinematographer John Seale and 2nd Unit cinematographer David Burr ACS at ACS Victoria
- AMAZING silicone model of the “half” of Bishop from Aliens, with extra Lance Henrikson thrown in for good measure
It’s been a while but we’ll FINALLY have a new podcast for you soon, as we are recording this weekend!
As Gavin is still away we’ll have a special guest on to discuss the latest movie news as well as review Mad Max: Fury Road, Tomorrowland, and we’ll probably end up talking about Avengers: Age Of Ultron for a bit as well.
If you have any comments on any recent films or anything you’d like us to discuss on the podcast email us at [email protected]
Also Iain guest starred on the Geeks in Malaysia podcast recently to discuss all things Marvel, From Avengers to Daredevil and beyond. Keep an eye out on http://www.geeksinmalaysia.com/ for when it becomes available for download!
We are working on recording a podcast using THE POWER OF THE INTERNET and hope to have something for you soon. In the mean time, here’s some details on the new play:
The play runs from 22 May – 7 June 2015 at the Drama Centre Theatre Singapore, with special performances incorporating Sign Language interpreters on stage on the following dates:
• Saturday 23 May, 8pm
• Wednesday 27 May, 8pm
• Saturday 30 May, 8pm
• Wednesday 3 June, 8pm
• Saturday 6 June, 8pm
Discounted rates are exclusively available for deaf and hard-of-hearing clients of The Singapore Association for the Deaf, are available by contacting Lizhen at [email protected] for more information.
Here’s the announcement trailer
..and here’s another trailer in Sign Language.
Sooooo, one of the reasons that we’ve not done a podcast recently is because Gavin is working his ass off on a number of projects, one of which is a production of “Speed The Plow“, a play by David Mamet.
The production is being staged at Pentas 2 at the KL Performing Arts Centre (KL PAC) from 9-15th April.
Drop by if you’re in the area and fancy a bit of culture or just want to see Gavin in the flesh (I should be lurking in the audience on at least one night)
Shows are on @ 8:30pm on the 9th-15th April, with a 3pm matinee on the 12th April.
There is no Show on the 13th April
For bookings call +603-40479000 or log on to klpac.org
Tickets are priced at :
Standard – RM68
Concession 1 – RM48 (TAS Card Member / Senior Citizen / Disabled)
Concession 2 – RM38 (Student)
*Concession 1 & 2 ONLY available for walk-in to klpac and penangpac box office with valid ID
All prices inclusive of RM3 ticket handling fee and 6% GST
You can find more information on the play here, and there’s a video promo below.
We should be able to get the next podcast to you soon!